latino277

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
thx for the bump dean.... still haven't finished the canopy.... All that is needed is the ventalation (still not sure how I want to do it),trimming and stain/finish.

ReefnQueens

Tonga Wanga
Rating - 100%
71   0   0
sup man just checking out your thread i like the crown you put on your tank , you did a great job as far as the vent , what i did with mine was took the fans and vents off a coralife fixture and and installed them on the back of my tank and they turn on when my halides turn on

S

steveo32

Rating - 100%
71   0   0
So did you vent, stain, trim and finish the canopy ? Hows this tank doing I think we all would like a FTS update. Or are you guys playing in the woods too much LOL. Hopefully I can join you guys on the 20 th.

latino277

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
I still have not finished the canopy... :eek: I've been lazy!!!!

I actually took a window fan apart and am going to use those for cooling... It'll be like a wind tunel in there :lol2: I'm hoping to have it on the tank by next weekend... All it needs it for me to fill the hole with puddy and then stain the outside and paint the inside.... I'll post some pix this weekend.

latino277

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
So last weekend i was about to finish up the canopy and decided to put the canopy on just to see how it looks..... and I hate it!!!

DSC01655.jpg

Eznet2u

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry, but I'm not liking it much either. The crown molding is making it look too tall. Remove it and try some scroll work in the middle. That should bring the perception of height down a little.

Something like this...
UserImg%5Csmall_76823.jpg

I know Lowe's has them...

latino277

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
thx chief.... I spoke to Jon already and he gave me a few idea's.... if I don't get called in to work this weekend I'll give them a try....

BTW thx Jon for letting me pick you noodle! :smile:

Wolverine57

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.4%
246   4   0
John, honestly that canopy takes away the beauty it already had. Some tanks look great with a canopy, if it was a rectangler shape tank up againist the wall. But, this 100 square a cubic look in the middle of your livingroom looked amazing without the wood! My thoughts friend....

latino277

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Hey Johnny,

I'm going to make some changes and see how it looks... if I still don't like it.... I may get something like this:

GL1111_99.jpg

or

GL1723_98.jpg

but that's going to have to wait until bonus time....:eek:

BZOFIQ

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
46   0   0
looking good so far. I love cube tanks especially those big ones like your or bigger. I currently have 4 freshwater cubes (soon up for sale). They are all 24x20 footprint with 30, 25, 20 and 15" height respectively.

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: