latino277

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Well here we go. This time last week I was selling my 125g to get a nano... After some kicking and screaming... I'm now planning a 100g (30" X 30" X 25")sqaure.:redface: The hopes is for something a little more collected and neet and something that doesn't take up so much space.

I am expecting this build to take a few months as I will be collecting equipment, Do some DYI Projects, and most importantly... Doing reseach and asking dumb questions.

Ok... so enough of the chatting and off the the good stuff.

Here is my list of possible equipment:

Filtration:
  1. Deltec Ap600
  2. 2 phosban reactors - one for rawaphos and another for AC
  3. Custom Sump ??? Not sure what I'm going to do here but everything, including my ATO has to go in here...
Supplement Equipment:
  1. Diy Kalk Reactor
  2. MRC CR-1 W/ Premium JBJ Co2Regulator Solenoid Valve + MAG 2 Pump + 5# CO2 BOTTLE
Circulation:
  1. Sequence Snapper for close loop... 1st question Can these been mounted upside down... I would like to mount it to the "roof" of my stand
  2. SUPER SQUIRT COMPACT for close loop
  3. 4 eductors for close loop
  4. Mag 9.5 for sump return.
Controllers:
  1. AC Jr w/ DC 8 & PH probe - Already have this
  2. DC4 HD - I need more plugs.....
Lighting:

I have 2 options to go with here... I have a PFO Dual 400w Mh and 2 250w M58 Ballasts.... what should I go with... would the 400w be over kill... will 2 MH be over kill???
  1. IceCap 24 inch VHO Retrofit Kit - 4 Lamps
  2. Ushio 2 X 400 (or 250w) Watt 20000K+ Metal Halide Bulb
  3. 24in Parallel Reflector w/ mogule socket x 2
and now the most important part.... the tank

At 1st I was look at a glass-cages tank... but I've read a few horror stories.. So below is what I would like to build... question is... who can build it for a good price.

off to the sketchs... tell me what you guys think?

100gSquarepic1.jpg

100gSquarepic2.jpg

Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
Last edited:

latino277

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Well... As much as i would love to rimless.... the wife wants a canopy... and I don't thing I'll be able to convince her other wise.
Can you shoot me a quick quote so I can get an Idea of how much of my arm I'm going to give up.... hehehe.

What does everyone think of the hole? Should any of them be moved? Is there anything that you would change?

latino277

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
I have a few questions here:

1. Can the Sequence Snapper be install upside Down? I would like to mount it on the roof of the stand?
  2. I have a PFO 400w Dual Mh ballast and 2 X 250w M58 Ballasts. Which should I Use? and should I be using 2 MH on this size tank?
  3. Are the placements of my Close loop Holes Correct? What would you change?
  4. Should I go with the 4 Eductors or just 2?
  5. And most importantly Are there any venders out there that can build this for me. (Besides Aqua Pro Builder ... I'll be reaching out to him tonight)
Thx in advance for all the help.

Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
Replies in RED
I have a few questions here:
  1. Can the Sequence Snapper be install upside Down? I would like to mount it on the roof of the stand? Ask Reef Exotics, Tony carry this product if I remember correctly and is very experience in his products.
  2. I have a PFO 400w Dual Mh ballast and 2 X 250w M58 Ballasts. Which should I Use? and should I be using 2 MH on this size tank?
  3. Are the placements of my Close loop Holes Correct? What would you change?
  4. Should I go with the 4 Eductors or just 2?
  5. And most importantly Are there any venders out there that can build this for me. (Besides Aqua Pro Builder ... I'll be reaching out to him tonight)
Thx in advance for all the help.

Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
Replies in RED
Well... As much as i would love to rimless.... the wife wants a canopy... and I don't thing I'll be able to convince her other wise.
Can you shoot me a quick quote so I can get an Idea of how much of my arm I'm going to give up.... hehehe.

What does everyone think of the hole? Should any of them be moved? Is there anything that you would change? Most hobbyists' tanks do no have holes at the bottom like yours, they would make the stand hard to build. I guess that's why most of us are curious why you design that way.

latino277

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Replies in RED

...Most hobbyists' tanks do no have holes at the bottom like yours, they would make the stand hard to build. I guess that's why most of us are curious why you design that way.

I was doing this because of the space issue and I would like to have as little equipment in the display. I want to be able to put as large a sump as possible and that would include area for my Auto Top off/skimmer/phosban reactors/calc reactor/kalk reactor. Also if i drilled the return line in the back I would have to run PVC all the ways to the front to get the front to back flow (I don't want to use and PH's). I guess i can change the close loop feed to the back wall and use 2 x 1" drains?

What do you guys think? Does this make sense or is this a nightmare waiting to happen?

latino277

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
I made some changes to the sketch up...

1. I divided the sump drain from 1 x 2" drain to 2 x 1" drain on each side of the overflow box
  2. I Also inclosed the sump drains... this way I don't have to use a strainer on these bulk heads and I spread the sucktion across a larger area.
  3. Relocated the rear close loop returns...
Let me know what you guys think

Bottom veiw:
100gSquarepic6.jpg

100gSquarepic4.jpg

100gSquarepic5.jpg

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: