latino277

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
LOL... Filly... all I have is 4 items from you... but yeah... you have nice stuff...

The hair look worse in the pix... it really isn't that much only 3 or 4 patchs.

JLAudio

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
the Sand is a pink fine sand I got from Jim (house of laughter). It was about 1"... 1.5"

If I would have to do it again.. I would use a larger grain of sand. but then again... I have a boat load of flow... over 3000g/hr

Hey John, why would you go with a larger sand grain?

The reason im asking is because, I have a real fine sand and notice it shows a lot of dirt and other debris, because unlike larger grains it doesnt mix in stead just traps at top making it asthetically unpleasing.

Just curious what ur reason is.

latino277

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Ok... so it's been a while since I posted any real update. I finally started and damn near finished my conopy. all that is let is to add the moldings and trimming.

IMAGE_027.jpg

IMAGE_028.jpg

IMAGE_029.jpg

IMAGE_030.jpg

IMAGE_031.jpg

IMAGE_032.jpg

IMAGE_033.jpg

IMAGE_034.jpg

IMAGE_035.jpg

IMAGE_036.jpg

latino277

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
yeah... I'm still thinking about how I want to vent it.. I may put 4 120cm fans on top with a rear vent or.... one really big fan (think window fan) and vent through the top.

S

steveo32

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Hey John, really nice thread you got going here, the tank, stand, everything looks great. How high do you have the MH above the water ? Your canopy looks to be maybe 14" tall over all (if thats 1x2 on the inside) with a 2 inch over hang on the tank ? I ask b/c I am going to use a similar idea for mine and Im trying to set the over height with out diminishing the height of the tank. I trim work looks great too. I wish I had patients enough for detail like that.

latino277

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Hey John, really nice thread you got going here, the tank, stand, everything looks great. How high do you have the MH above the water ? Your canopy looks to be maybe 14" tall over all (if thats 1x2 on the inside) with a 2 inch over hang on the tank ? I ask b/c I am going to use a similar idea for mine and Im trying to set the over height with out diminishing the height of the tank. I trim work looks great too. I wish I had patients enough for detail like that.

Wow... your good.... the total size of the canopy is 16" high with a 2" over hang to cover the water line. the top reflector will be about 13" from the top of the tank and about 14 -15" from that water.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: