Rating - 100%
90   0   0
A bunch of people have been asking "Why are you buying frags if you don't have a tank?" To that, I can now answer.....

(suspend disbelief)

I HAVE A TANK AGAIN.

It has been online for 2 weeks now. Here is a quick review of how it came to be.

The space before the tank arrived:
CIMG4474.JPG

Jim and Phil helped deliver this monster:
CIMG4475.JPG

I didn't even put water in it and I already had a pest:
CIMG4580.JPG

I might keep him:
CIMG4584.JPG

He helped me check for leaks:
CIMG4606.JPG

House of Fish arrived to put everything together. Here is the swimmer working on the plumbing:
CIMG4615.JPG

A massive rock from Marco Rocks. This piece is amazing!
CIMG4616.JPG

House working his magic:
CIMG4623.JPG

Our first pass at the rock work:
CIMG4624.JPG

A plumbing job second to none!
CIMG4636.JPG

An ingenious way of filling up the tank without a sand storm:
CIMG4641.JPG

Almost full:
CIMG4642.JPG

Finally, a full tank shot!
CIMG4652.JPG

This was taken today. I have been dealing with the normal algae bloom. You can see that I have already seeded the bottom with zoas and a few other items given to me by friends.
CIMG4669.JPG

I am finally on my way to my dream tank!

I'd like to take a moment to thank House of Fish for their help in designing, installing and stocking the tank! Working with them was an absolute breeze. When they arrived to set everything up they told me to sit back with a nice glass of scotch and watch it come to life. I couldn't sit there and not help, but these guys were really ready to deliver a running tank in one night with no interaction from the owner! Great service.

Thanks to prattreef, jhale, and House of Laughter for donating some tester corals and rock to get everything seeded.

I can't wait for the swap!!!!

-Josh

Last edited:

tosiek

Rating - 100%
48   0   0
!!!!!!!

I like Josh. Tank looks awesome.

That one vortek isn't enough for the tank? or you wanted more cross flow? And when are we getting a list of goodies that are hooked up to the tank? Tek series tanks are nice. Lemme know if you want any frags Josh =0)

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
Josh, it was a pleasure, especially when the smorgasboard arrived. I'm thinking this swap is gonna be one helluva Josh revival meeting. :biggrin:

It's looking great. I like all the tweaking you've done with the aquascaping. That's what officially makes it 'your tank', not just 'a tank'. Congrats......I know it's been a long time coming.

R

House of Laughter

Super Moderator
Staff member
Vendor
Rating - 100%
310   0   0
Josh, it was an absolute pleasure to set this up after the time you spent away working to build this community - now, a nice reef again with all the bells and whistles - congrats

couple of interesting things about this set up -

- there are only 7 or 8 pieces of rock - and it's a 120 - pne of them was 45lbs alone
- the entire system is run off a single external pump - that includes a chiller, phos reactor, carbon reactor and dual 3/4 returns - we definitely over sized the pump and will be swapping it out for something with a little less pressure and fan noise (thanks for being patient with this josh)
- the sump I designed and was built by Custom King - thanks Jeff for doing an awesome job.
- definately the maristar - looks awesome on the tank

Again, it was a pleasure to do this work for you and look forward to continuing to help you dial it in.

House

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: