jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Here is my 120g Glasscages tank started this April.

Flow: GenX PCX55 return pump plumbed to 2 penductors + 2 Tunze stream 6100's w/multicontroller.

Filtration: MR2 dual beckett skimmer with an upgraded Pan world 200PS pump. Micron filter bags are also used.

Lighting: 2x250 DE 10k BLV's (PFO mini pendants) PFO HQI ballast + 3 110w URI VHO actinics on an IC660 b allast

Misc Equipment: pacific coast 1/4 HP chiller, Geo calcium reactor, Ranco dual stage temp controller, Tunze osmalator (top off), Milwaukee PH controller

Maintence: Skimmer throat is cleaned weekely and waste collecter emptied every other day or so. Micron bags changed every 2-3 days. Each morning the tank recieves a Tunze blast where I remove the stream from the bracket and blast any detritus free from the rocks. This really helps keeping the tank clean. 25 gallong water changes are usually done every other week or so.

Anyway, Here's the pics :) I had a bout with STN/RTN that I can still not figure out why. I lost about a dozen nice corals :(. Things seem to be under control for now so hopefully everything continues to grow well and the tank matures.

UPDATE The STN/RTN was from a Mag drive pump rusting in my sump. If you you use these pumps be sure to replace the stainless screws with nylon ones.

Attachments

• DSCN0171.JPG
    DSCN0171.JPG
    92 KB · Views: 447

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Deanos, thats because the Hippo is large :) it's about 7". He probably should be in a larger tank but this is the best I can do for him.

Jose, thanks. It was a pleasure meeting you and your wife. I had that Lobo for almost 7 years. That coral has been through a lot! I don't think it's possible to kill it :D

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
For a limited time only :D

Here are pics from the beginning.
My first reef 46gallon plenum system. It did great for a year but then crashed :D

Attachments

• 46reefplenum.jpg
    46reefplenum.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 187

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
My next reef

My first 65gallon setup......with a sohal tang!
I had him for a year before he died

Attachments

• reef.jpg
    reef.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 188

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
I let my husbandry slip for a while..LOL Look at the oil slick on the top of the water!!!!

Attachments

• fishtank2.jpg
    fishtank2.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 186

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
LOL spykes. Back then the only info I read was from a magazine call Marine Fish monthly. It was basically a GARF approach magazine. No one seemed to believe in skimming then :)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: