ShaunW

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
maxpower2112 said:
i cant wait till your tank matures and grows out! your looking at a TOTM on RC soon Richy :D
Don
Well, we always knew he would get there some day!!! :smokin:

His beginning statement would be....... :lol:

"I always knew from birth that some day I would be known worldwide as the "SPS Pimp". Call it destiny! However, following the pimping lifestyle requires more than just dedication, but a true love for my "Bit#h@$" ........etc ..........."

herman

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
solbby said:

"I always knew from birth that some day I would be known worldwide as the "SPS Pimp". Call it destiny! However, following the pimping lifestyle requires more than just dedication, but true love for my "Bit#h@$" ....................."
HA HA HA HA HA.................................................... :smoker:

spykes

Rating - 100%
23   0   0
solbby said:

"I always knew from birth that some day I would be known worldwide as the "SPS Pimp". Call it destiny! However, following the pimping lifestyle requires more than just dedication, but a true love for my "Bit#h@$" ........etc ..........."

oh man you forgot the hoes who gave you love when there was a need of it. the B and H like what kasei said. the "Bit#h@$" gaves everyone love but you, and the hoes, lets just leave it like that =D

Pimpin like no otheA!

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
delv said:
Rich, did you figure out what the RTN was about? Was it PO4 related? Is it Prime Reef related...

d.

Nope. According to Bomber on RC, my corals were sucking up PO4 from my uncooked pieces of rock???? I don't know for sure what it was but 10 water changes later things are much better ;)

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
The first ABT died. It had some sort of mouth fungus and starved to death. I actually picked up the last one that Fish town had the other day. This one is healthy and eating......we'll see.

Rating - 100%
26   0   1
Hey....on my new 180 (60x30x22) should I go for 3 Diamnond Lumenarcs w/250's Single Ended (XM 10k's)....either that or my Maristar (two 250's w/38 watt t5's) and two additional 60 watt T5's?

I think the first set would be cheaper (bulb replacement), simpler, and better Par/spread...but bulb color might be a bit less pleasing...I've got a frag tank w/a single XM 10K SE....I think the color is very decent...though not blue.....any thoughts Mr. Pimp?

d.

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Drew I don't think your maristar will cut it for the new tank. Lumenarcs are cool but it might be difficult to fit in some blue tubes (running 10k alone sucks)

IMO you should either figure out a way to fit in a bunch of VHO, t5, or PC actinics, or maybe do a 10k/20k halide scheme. If you stagger 4 halides across the tank 10k/20k/10k/20k, you'll have an overall pleasing color and great coverage.

OR break out with 2x400w Radiums on an HQI ballast in the lumenarcs and call it a day!

Rating - 100%
26   0   1
Thanks...I think I'll do two Lumenarcs w250watt/XM10k's (run on HQI ballast) with a single double ended phoenix in the center (ReefOptix3)...

I don't want to run more wattage....I can add T5's (I've got the ballasts sitting around) iif it looks too yellow....hopefully it'll work with only 3 bulbs...

d.

cali_reef

Fish and Coral Killer
Rating - 97.3%
36   1   0
Here is a picture of two LIII with 250W XM10K on PFO HQI, one 110W Super Actinic 03, and one 95W Super Actinic 03 on IC440 over my 150 gallon (48"Lx30"Wx24"T):
DSCN1624.JPG

These are huge and you can't fit much around it with my tank's foot print.

cali_reef

Fish and Coral Killer
Rating - 97.3%
36   1   0
This is my lighting schedule:

2:30 pm actinics on
5:30 pm MH comes on
6:00 pm actinics off
9:30 pm actinics on
12:00 am MH off
1:30 am Actinics off

As you can see, the actinics are not ON all day, only used for the dawn/dusk effect and few hours while I am sitting on the couch watching TV and the tank during the commercials. IMO the XM 10k are not too bad of color by them self on HQI ballast, I also have one on IC250 and it appears to be more blue. I did try running them with a standard mag ballast and they looked more green\yellow. I know what you mean about 6500K's, I used them on and off for a few years.

I will try to post some pictures of the front side next week.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: