jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
I don't like the DE 10k AB's, the SE 10k ab's are very nice though. I have DE 10k AB's with 3 VHO's and it's still a bit yellow. If you're going to go with a 250w DE 10k, you should go with BLV's. That will be my next bulb.

It's hard to get an accurate tank color in a photo, you would have to see it in person before dropping the cash on them.

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
solbby's rics

Attachments

• DSCN0224.JPG
    DSCN0224.JPG
    120.7 KB · Views: 191

DRZL

**ROCKSTAR**
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Great tank Rich,

Im lovin it, Im getting deeper and deeper into SPS and I aspire to whup that A$$ w/ color and growth. ;)

I shall strengthen my pimp hand, for now I'll be the SPS Hustla.

Take a look at my thread when you get a chance, LMK any suggestions you have.

spykes

Rating - 100%
23   0   0
im a 175 SE person, do you think i should try a 150 HQI? DE? i dont know if there really is a diffrence in DE but i think im gonna stick with a 175 for my 20 gallon, what do you think about the 175 SE ab?

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Spykes, the only experience that I have with 175w SE is with hamilton 10k, coralvue10k, and Ushio10k. Out of these bulbs i like the Ushio best. Different wattages and bulb types (SE or DE) have different spectrums, even if they're the same brand. From what I have seen there is a BIG difference in brightness between the 175SE and 150w DE. The DE's look much brighter.

Steven, I don't think scoly's would be happy on the bottom of the tank,. They would probably be blown over.

Sure Pierce, PM sent

spykes

Rating - 100%
23   0   0
rich, i used the reflectors i got from hello lights, if i went pendents it would be a hassle to change over to a DE, but doesnt the DE have a smaller reflector thus making it more concentrated?

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Spykes, reef optix pendants seem to have the best reviews for light output. If you're thinking DIY on this......I have no idea. I have no experience with the different 150w bulbs so I'm not sure what bulb you should run. Maybe someone else can chime in and offer some advice.......

Any 150w DE users out there? :D

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Sean thanks a lot!

ctx I probably could fit a lot more SPS in there but one day I plan on this tank being grown out rather than looking like a large frag tank:)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: