ctxmonitor

Rating - 100%
79   0   0
Really nice tank!! You monti cap is pretty large.. Nice collection of corals. I bet those pic don't do them justice.. You really need a to spend some money on a better camera rather than on corals ;) ;)

alrha

Rating - 100%
85   0   0
ctxmonitor said:
You really need a to spend some money on a better camera rather than on corals ;) ;)

I'm using the SONY DSC-T7 (i.e. not a cheap camera) it's $500.
What i could do is read the instructions. So far i've only taken pics on Auto mode.

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
awesome looking tank.
what is that large colony on the right hand side? it's kind of burgundy colored.

without a skimmer I'm curious how your nitrate levels are?
is there a reason you don't use a skimmer?

J

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Albert you need set the white balance on the camera so everything doesn't come out so yellow.

How do you like the DE 400's? That tank must be blinding in person!

alrha

Rating - 100%
85   0   0
jhale said:
without a skimmer I'm curious how your nitrate levels are?
is there a reason you don't use a skimmer?

undetectable with Salifert's kit (using the 0-10ppm test). sometimes i may get a reading of 1ppm. the most i ever saw it at was 5ppm once.

dont use a skimmer b/c my system does not seem to need it. it run perfectly without it. my rock/sand/macroalgae/scavangers/critters/corals/etc seem to be able to handle all the nutrients in the tank. if i dont need it, why pay/hassle with one. I first tried it out on my old system when i added a refugium and took off my skimmer to clean it. i got lazy putting it back on and discovered that even though it was off for a month, the macro algae grew like mad and everything else remained fine (corals actually seemed nicer). did some research online and found that there is actually a strong following of skimmerless systems. it also leaves all the beneficial plankton in the water for the corals, and there is less/no need to feed the corals. It worked on my old system so i figured might as well try it out on my new system (could always add a skimmer if I needed to). Seems to be working nicely and i am very happy with it - the more natural the better IMO.
p.s. i change about 5gal every 2 weeks on Avg (~5%/month)

Sean

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Alrha

I tried to fix your picture up by altering the color balance for you let me know what you think.

Attachments

• FullTank.jpg
    FullTank.jpg
    162.3 KB · Views: 79

alrha

Rating - 100%
85   0   0
Sean said:
Alrha
I tried to fix your picture up by altering the color balance for you let me know what you think.

Thnx Sean. how'd u do that? photoshop? i tried the "Automatically Adjust Levels" but it didnt help. i'm not fancy enough (yet) to do it manually.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: