Paul B

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Surgery was supposed to be 2:30 this afternoon. Last night they changed it to 6:00 am. Nice of them to tell me before I went out discoing. Although it is hard to find a Disco now a days. :unsure:

I am ready to go now and it is 4:00am.

I had eye muscle surgery many years ago and they had me naked on this stainless steel gourney in the operating room. I am sure they just took it out of the freezer or used it to hold all the Bud Lights just before the Superbowl game. The nurse took my arm and stuck an IV in me full of I think an orange slushy that was just in the same freezer as the gourney. ?

The first thing I said was "you are sure you are operating on the right end of my body aren't you, being naked and all"? ?

Remember, it's my eyes! ?

I was shivering so much I almost vibrated off the table. There were 7 female "Nurses, Doctors assistants, anesthesiologists, ice cream vendors all around me with masks on. ? I am pretty sure I also saw Dorothy Hamill there practicing for the olympics.

One saw me shaking and figured I was afraid of the operation. She held my hand, came close to my ear, smiled and said:
"Don't be afraid Honey, you will be fine"

I said "I am not afraid, I am freezing, and how could I be afraid while being surrounded by seven beautiful Babes" ?‍?

They were all hysterical laughing. :D

None of them said, That wasn't PC. ?

Paul B

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
hi guys. typing with one hand so no capitals. i got home a few hours ago and still have the nerve block so no pain yet. i will start screaming tonight. i don't know how it went because i didn't talk to the dr. yet but the guy who swept the floor gave me a thumbs up. :rolleyes:

i was in there for 6 hours but the surgery was probably much shorter, maybe an hour and 15 minutes.
(it takes 15 minutes to get to home depot from the hospital and i don't know if the dr. had to go there for something)

the nurses are really nice there and i had 5 or 6 of them doing different things. one was really interested in me and googled my name there. she may buy my book. :D

when they brought me into the operating room the two anesthesiologists were there. both young men but one of them didn't exude confidence. did you ever see "alien vs predator" ?

the alien looks like a praying mantis and sweats blood while the predator has dread locks, green scales and shoots laser beams from his rotator cuff. he looked somewhat like the two of them.

i noticed a young girl there dressed like a surgeon. i figured it was "take your granddaughter to work day". i also noticed girl scout cookies on the jungle gym. :oops:

they assured me she was a surgeon and showed me a photo of her desk with one of those little statues made out of nuts and bolts shaped like a surgeon. i knew it was real because it had a little stethoscope and a plack that read "worlds best surgeon".

i asked the anesthesiologist if he could keep me knocked out for 6 weeks until the brace comes off but he just said "good night"

now i have this hard brace on and it keeps my arm facing straight out from my body so when i walk down the street, people either shake hands with me, give me spare change or say, "who you pointing at! ". :oops:

Paul B

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Timbo, my best Buddy came over for a few days to help my wife and me. (My wife has MS)
Sue has been one of our closest friends since High School and her Husband was my best friend. He died of Covid last year. I would do anything for her and all my close friends who I have had all my life.

I even know her longer than I know my wife who took this picture. She just put this ice machine on my shoulder and helped us with everything.

After high school we had a big crowd and most of us are all still good friends. :D

Me and sue ice machine.jpg

Timbo

Got Reef?
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Paul, I remember you posting when he passed. Glad to so you are on the mend and that you have such a great friend there to help you and your wife.

My father in law is living with us and he said just a few days ago that he couldn’t imagine going through all that he is without all the support that family and friends are giving and offering.

Wishing you a speedy recovery. Hopefully someone is hooking up the generator and pump ocean side for collecting your water over the next several weeks.

Paul B

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Hello there Timbo. Nice to hear from you. (I hear from Andy maybe once year.) :rolleyes:

This operation went so well and I feel so little pain that I don't think he put in a screw to secure the rotator cuff. I think he used duct tape and not even the good Gorilla tape, That cheap pink stuff you get in staples. :confused:

See you later, I am going bungee jumping now. :giggle:

Paul B

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I got my stitches out this morning. I miss them already. In 3 weeks I start PT and I am happy to go because I know the PT person. She looks like Angelina Jolie but of course that had nothing to do with me picking her. I am sure she went to high school and everything. :P

My wife goes to the same place for PT for a different reason. I am just going for fun as I am not a big believer in that sort of thing as it is for Sissies and Girly Men. :rolleyes:

They help you move your arm back and forth a few inches, then rest and have a cookie. Soon after you lift some paper clips while standing on one foot, then rest and have another cookie.

Real men just go out and swing an ax or cro bar a few dozen times or just make wine and you are good to go. :D

Paul B

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Good morning. I took a walk this morning like I always do and saw, for the third time a Bobcat.

Bobcats are not rare or unusual but they are not supposed to live here on Long Island and haven't been here since way before nancy Pelosi was born. :oops:

They would either have to swim the 25 miles from Connecticut or take the Long Island Railroad which I doubt they could afford a daily, one way pass to ride.

I looked the thing up and it is a Lynx Rufus. It looks like a very big, beefy, hairy house cat about the size of a medium size dog.

I don't think the thing could eat me or anything even though I walk there in pitch black but there are some little kids that wait for the school bus there so I was a little concerned and called the
Dept of Environmental Conservation.

It wasn't easy finding an extension to go on because they have things like: hunting licenses, fishing licenses, fresh water fishing licenses, salt water fishing licenses, oyster licenses, clam licenses, muscle licenses, deer licenses, drive on beach licenses, park on beach licenses, look at beach licenses, bird hunting licenses, duck hunting licenses, beaver trapping licenses,

(there was one sighting of a beaver in the last 100 years on Long Island so we may as well shoot it)

Kelp harvesting licenses, amphipod collecting licenses, Licenses to look at Supermodels and licenses to get the phone number to find out where to get a license. :oops:

I first went on their web site and filled out a form but had to call it a beaver because these things don't live here so there is no category for them. I would imagine I could have put in penguin but that also wouldn't seem close.

Paul B

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
They called back to ask what I saw. I told them and the guy said, "We don't have those here".
I told him: "We do now". He didn't believe me and said it is probably a house cat.
I told him I lived in the jungles of Viet Nam for a year and saw elephants, tigers, cobra's and all sorts of animals and I have also seen quite a lot of house cats.

He said, take a picture. I walk every morning and in the last year I walked about 350 times and saw the thing 3 times. Usually it's cold, like 11 degrees and when I take out my phone to take a picture it fogs up and I doubt this creature will wait the 3 or 4 minutes until it clears up.

If the thing tears off my leg, I will take my leg there to show them. :oops:

Paul B

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
So I got an E Mail saying I got a new badge on here. I didn't even know there was badges on here but does it come with two all expense paid tickets to Tahiti (drinks and tips included) ? And will they send them to me or do I have to go to Coos Bay Oregon to pick them up?

It's for First Feedback. What does that mean? I don't remember feeding back anybody, not even my fish. :unsure:

Timbo

Got Reef?
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Send this in Paul. They probably don’t know what a bobcat is anyway…..

Attachments

• 37320E0B-A5F6-4D3C-B2A1-53CE177DE104.jpeg
    37320E0B-A5F6-4D3C-B2A1-53CE177DE104.jpeg
    99.5 KB · Views: 0

Paul B

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
We had a full day today. Neurologists, MRIs, blood tests and dentists. All for my wife. Then on our way home is the biggest liquor store in the US. No really. It's about as big as two Home Depots. Not the Home Depots in some back water town in Tunisia either. I am so thrilled. Not because we spent a little over $300.00 in there but the fact that they took all the Russian Vodka off the shelves and put up a sign that they won't sell it.

I just looked here and I don't have any or I would have poured it out. :D

But thats just me.
This week my tank is 51 years old. ?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: