ECFENCING

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
Thanks all

will be posting some better pics taken with my canon digital elph
as far as the rock is concerned I was certainly contemplating adding some more. The tank is glasscages and I remember paying about $550 + the cost of the overflow from glass holes + I had Tims Aquatics drill 2 holes so all in the tank was about $700

lately I've been thinking of setting up a cube and
not inwall since it makes it easier to aquascape and maintain

Found out this morning that my Flame angel was nipping at my candy cane. He's been a good
citizen for almost a year but now he had to go

if I were to do it all over again I would seed my tank with one good piece and the rest of the tank would be marco

I've had too many problems with critters from other systems

Last edited:

ECFENCING

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
Black Perc. Clown

IMG_2358.jpg

Hippo Tang

IMG_2351.jpg

FTS

IMG_2369.jpg

IMG_2347.jpg

I think my iphone takes better pics..

Last edited:

ECFENCING

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
Thanks guys.....One of my vortechs is down....Went to clean it and when I put it back on line the wet side was continuously spinning and eventually fell off...called ecotech and they indicated they had a bad batch of bearings...

Also trying to combat a slight green hair algae/cyano/diatom problem...which I think is related to the MB7 and vodka dosing......followed directions but didn't cut back fast enough and I'm seeing the results now..

Thinking of adding sand.....

Also picked up a few corals from talentedminds...a milli and a purple rim cap... and playing around with bulb combo

Right now I have ATI Blue + x 5 ATI Aqua Blue Special x1 and KZ Fiji Purple

Thinking of trying UVL Super Actinic bulbs to make things pop a bit more

SIReefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
Just came upon this thread. Don't know how I missed it but its nice going through a tank thread from start to finish in one shot to see the progress. Beautiful setup. I really like the in walls. Do you hear anything (water running) through the wall? Also a couple more behind the scenes photos (fish room) please. Looking good!!!

ECFENCING

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
SI Reefer thanks....I've been thinking of taking it out...but everytime I ask the Mrs. shoots it down....it's a shame to have a rimless tank inwall but at least I have one LOL:)

Will take pics of the fish room and I do hear the water running but I have a relatively quiet overflow....my vortechs make more noise than my skimmer pump...and I hear them the most..

ECFENCING

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
Thought I post an old pic to get myself motivated to post more recent pics...I've switched back to Metal Halides and added a gbta and a green duncan. My green slimer bit the dust after the anemone got to it...

RIP Green Slimer

IMG_2366-1.jpg

Red cap got bigger and anemones got bigger but that's about it. growth wise. RIP Flame Angel.

Switched to ESV salt mix and like it..

photo-64.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: