ECFENCING

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
Perry

I'm thinking about maybe using a 5 gallon bucket for a Remote DSB....not sure how I am going to implement it though.

I could also try mangroves in my sump... I didn't make any partitions in my 40 gallon breeder and it's online so I can't put any sand in the sump unless I take it off line and make some baffles.

ECFENCING

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
Thanks Rookie 07....Your tank looks even better.....

One day I'll stop messing around with equipment and buy some corals

I've gone through one skimmer upgrade and lighting change in the span of one year...

CHEMCHEF

PERMANOOB
Rating - 100%
79   0   0
Perry

I'm thinking about maybe using a 5 gallon bucket for a Remote DSB....not sure how I am going to implement it though.

I could also try mangroves in my sump... I didn't make any partitions in my 40 gallon breeder and it's online so I can't put any sand in the sump unless I take it off line and make some baffles.

Loking Great Ernie. I love your tank.
FYI. If you don't have any baffles in your sump. You could always throw a semi deep (4") rubbermaid container. (like a resturaunt bus tub) full of sand gently into the sump with your pumps off. Wait till things settle and turn your pumps on again.
As long as the top of the tub is under the water line you will be fine.
Then you could put cheato and mangroves in it or whatever you want.
I will give you a call lateron. I am swapping my entire system once again

ECFENCING

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
My every once in a while update

One day I will get a nice camera.....pics taken with my iphone

Haven't added much other than the GSP 2 black clowns and the anthias.....Went with a new light combo..4 ATI BLUE+, 2 AquaBlue special and 1 KZ Fiji purple

Pics are ATI Blue +

Need to add some more corals and having a small issue with diatoms and GHA but very minimal at this point....

Some GHA is growing on the bare bottom.....and diatoms still on some rocks....

slowly but surely it is receding..

Also for your viewing pleasure a nog shot....since pecan2phat aka warren said I had a nog head.....or calculator head :)

photo-62.jpg

photo-64.jpg

photo-65.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: