jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
I would not care about the overflow as much as the bracing.
Did they say if the tank was strong enough without the top bracing?
That's the only thing I would care about. Was the tank supposed to have bracing on top? I know when I ordered mine I told him to make it as strong as they could,
I don't remember if I specified top bracing.

stingnyc

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
I finally have pics of my 120!!! Thanks to Johnathan, Dave and Rich my tank
is on the stand with part of the plumbing complete. Hopefully the stand will
be complete on Friday and more pics to come!!! I purchased a 120Gal from
Glasscages the demensions are 48"x24"x25". Here is a list of the stuff I have so far:

120Gal from Glasscages

Birch Stand and Side Cabinet customized by Jhale

25Gal Acrylic Sump customized by Spykes

Lighting: Diamond Luminarc Mini 2 x 250W SE AB 10K's plus 2x54W D&D Blue Plus T5's.

Filtration: H&S External Skimmer- A150-F2001, Red Sea AquaZone Deluxe 100 mg/hr ozonizer

Flow: GENX PCX-55HP External Pump with 2 Penductors,
1 6100 Tunze Stream and Wavebox

Misc Equipment: Deltec PF600 Clacium Reactor, Deltec KM500 Klak Stirrer, Tunze osmalator, 1/3hp Cyclone Drop In Chiller, APS 400 Battery Backup with Large Marine Battery and Aqua Controller Jr.

IMG_0176.jpg

IMG_0173.jpg

IMG_0174.jpg

Last edited:

stingnyc

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
Kris,

Hopefully the tank will be up and running next weekend!!! We need to finish the stand and plumbing, then the water test begins... I think the
hardest part will be transferring the livestock.

-Steve

spykes

Rating - 100%
23   0   0
looks nice steve, everything fits in nice and neatly, im gonna come friday and see if i cna polish out some scratches. man you shouldve bought a new sheet of acrylic wouldve turned out way better LOL

stingnyc

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
dave,

can you bring some acrylic glue? i need the heavy duty stuff... do you think i should put a shelf inside the stand? lmk

-steve

Tim

Tim`s Aquatics
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Are you going bare bottom? I think 3 streams are alot for a 4 foot tank.Just my experience.I have a 6100 in my 110 and I have to crank it down alot.Setup looks good and you should be fine with the two t-5`s I have those with two 400 mh and it looks fine.Good luck....

stingnyc

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
tim,

as spykes would say "flow baby flow". i'm going to try the 3 streams and see if its too much. i'd rather have more then less at this point. i was thinking of adding the 2 vho's for color. maybe i'll switch to 14k's.

-steve

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: