jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
finishing up

the side cabinets went on next
tank4.jpg

inset doors are easy to install when you can fit inside the entire cabinet!
also note the wood "skirt" we made for the bottom of the tank, it hides the glass seams and marina board. it's siliconed to the glass.
inset.jpg

the hood is attached with a full length brass piano hinge, it opens like butter, steve has some shocks coming to make it even smoother.
hood.jpg

Last edited:

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
details

steves using the hole saw to make openings for the fans
holesaw.jpg

top of the hood, there's a fan on each end
tophood.jpg

the sump and skimmer,
sumpstand.jpg

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
gegema said:
Jonathan,

Beautiful work!

Steve,

Man, you went all out... is that an enclosure for your chiller? WOW! Niice!

george

thanks George :)
the chiller is going in the left side cabinet on the bottom, there's a pic of steve drilling a hole for a fan to vent the chiller.

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
hey Doc, thanks!
I'd say you already have helped out the site with your interceptor connection. That about beats any stand I could ever build, trust me if you ever get red bugs in plague numbers you'll know what I mean :wink1:

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
I'm posting these for steve, his computer is down right now.
today we aquascaped his tank, it came out looking great.
I thought he'd like to have some shots to show everyone, when he gets his thread up I'll take this one down.

sfull.jpg

sleftside.jpg

srightside.jpg

Looks really good...that right side has some really nice rock work...favorite thing is that sailfin. :D

he's going to add more rock to the left side.

How'd those penductors work out???crazy water movement??

the penductors move a ton of water, no way do you want them pointing at a coral.
I'm thinking of adding them to my CL, they are big though.

Yea Rich was tellin me about those things...he said it made his skin move away from his hands...talk about movement..that gave me the picture..

dude is it me, or the pics are a bit faded in color compared to the accual tank?

the photos are faded compared to the tank.
they were shot during the day, there was too much ambiant light for the camera to deal with. also they were hand held so a higher speed was needed making them more grainy with less detail, add this all up and you get a faded photograph.

ah, i know nothing of cameras, one day you gotta teach me, but in person steve's tank is really good looking, even tho it was just moved in.

I read all of ansel adams books, I can teach you everything I know.

did you fix steves computer?

Last edited by a moderator:

spykes

Rating - 100%
23   0   0
nah, this thing was really messed up. it was like a pentium II or III; the computer didnt even initialized. I pulled out the memory or video card so the motherboard can beep for me, tell me at least what is wrong, but it was completely silent. IE the motherboard or CPU is gone. Steve has a laptop, so it wont be that bad for him.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: