Reefer420

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
<sigh> I really need to get my 2nd half of TBS rock - these storms down there are killing me! And my wallet! Just bought another coral from Dennis - neon green Blasto W. Everytime I have some extra cash lying around in paypal- where do you think it goes? I keep justifying it by saying to myself 'shipping will be much cheaper overall this way...'.

Tank update- everything has been great so far. Macro is growing like crazy- will hopefully have some for the swap. Just saw an awesome clam on the rock last night- about a quarter in size- looks just like the rock itself. Has gray/black stripped mantle with a blood red inside.
Also saw another bristtle worm- and though I couldn't tell if it was a fireworm again, I want it out! Tried to sneak up on it when it was sticking out of the rock, but couldn't suck it out- but I will get him!

Will try water bottle trap tonight- hopefully I will be able to catch something...

Reefer420

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Here's some new pics (you can check out the last ones on the link to nano-reef.com on the 1st page!)...

dvsmcp.jpg

Reefer420

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Full tank as of Sept 19th 2005! Just added the 2nd half of the TBS order an hour ago- tank has settled down now. Still needs to color up, and I will be cleaning the tank up over the next few weeks- what do you all think of the aquascaping?

dvsmye.jpg

Reefer420

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
More close-up view of the rock...not nearly as colorful as the last order, but came w/ a bunch of nice hitch hikers...we'll see how things look in a week or two. The last batch of rock really changed (its on the right hand side of the tank now) over the course of a few days...

dvsn5y.jpg

Reefer420

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Condylactis anenome (sorry for spelling, but its late and I can't look it up...) What do you think for its survival in my tank? I know its a very hardy creature, and have seen it live for years under terrible conditions (which my tank is not!)- but I will swap it for some coral if the consensus is to get rid of it...
very small now- will certainly move out once it grows larger.

dvsndi.jpg

Reefer420

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Can anyone tell me what this anenome is (spelling, sorry again!)... its starting to travel around the tank. Has a very flat disc about 4" in diameter, with a 'bubble' center. Will try for a better picture later...by the way, any idea what the corals in the center are?

dvsnlg.jpg

Reefer420

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Cucumber which I am worried is dying. It is fairly rigid to the touch and has not moved much (as of a couple of hours). Any ideas? If it hasn't moved by tomorrow, its out of there!

dvsp6x.jpg

Reefer420

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Thats all I have for now- please let me know what you all think. Anything that doesn't look like it will be good for my small tank is fair game at the frag swap (acan lord anyone ;) ... ). If anyone can give me some helpful hints at taking care of the anenomes it will be greatly appreciated as I haven't read too much (or in the case of the strange one, not at all) on these particular species. Usually I would not even think about adding one to my tank, but as these came free with my order and I have seen them do well even under weaker PC lighting, maybe i'll give them a chance until they get too large. Thanks for looking!

Reefer420

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
water parameters were fine as of yesterday (we'll see today after adding the new LR). temp runs between 76 at night and up to 82 during a hot day (w/ Ice probe on).
cuke isn't dead- was moving around the tank this morning.

don't think I will ever see the peppermint shrimps again- they are hidden way in the back (funny, when I moved my rock to make room for the new shipment I found a peppermint that was not too happy to have his house shifted- hopefully he's ok, there was a lot of stuff going on in the tank last night).

didn't have much of a cycle last time- hopefully i'll be getting more of the same!

Reefer420

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Can someone help me with this anenome? please tell me what you think about this picture- The anenome looked fine a few mins ago, but now has that big gaping center and looks a little shriveld up! I have read that they tend to do this at night, but I haven't had any experience with it myself. Water params are fine. Thanks!

dwcqgy.jpg

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: