littlebuck70

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Well since i moved back to NY i got a 70 gallon in October, then i upgraded to a 125 in March. Now im going to do a big upgrade again. But this time will be going with a big system.

Here is the plan so far.

180 gallon oceanic DT Dominate Millipora
125 All of the extras
2-100 gallon stock tanks with Live Rock and my 5' tall mrc modded skimmer
50 gallon 48x18x13 frag tank
75 gallon fuge

Going to do the main tank as an in wall tank. The whole system is going to be in the basement. Making this functional and east to work with.

Here is an older pic when i first started. Looks kinds rough with all the stuff laying around but when u start moving things around and kids find things they pull things out LOL

Also im having new breakers put in to keep everything on their own circuit. Since its an older house the electrical in the house is out of whack. And everything is pretty much run together.

I will post some new pics with the updated progress soon.

1022159tn4.jpg

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
Looks like it's going to be a kick ar$e room.

FYI, any lumber coming in contact with concrete should be pressure treated (your sole plates). Concrete wicks moisture from the ground below it and SPF lumber will rot much faster.

swimmer

littlebuck70

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Thanks and will post pics up tonight.

The floor is dry locked, and also i have the wood pl400 so there is no wood touching the floor. But thanks for the info. Also not alot of moisture in the basement any more with dry locking the floors and walls.

dehumidifier has not put out any water in the past 3 weeks. And before the dry lock it was filling up every couple days.

cali_reef

Fish and Coral Killer
Rating - 97.3%
36   1   0
Also not alot of moisture in the basement any more with dry locking the floors and walls.

dehumidifier has not put out any water in the past 3 weeks. And before the dry lock it was filling up every couple days.

Just wait until the first time you have a spill\leak with all that water volume.

Is that the main circuit breaker panel for your house in the fish room?

littlebuck70

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Why do i need to worry about a spill or a leak? dosent matter where it is at in the hose thats a mess.

Yes that is the main panel in the house Why?

littlebuck70

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Well finally got the tank in and man is this thing heavy.

3/4" tempered bottom as well as the back.

Got to love oceanic tanks. Nothing like a well built tank.

90116056mo8.jpg

littlebuck70

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Its a 180 oceanic 6'x2'x2'

Well in that tank im going to be doing a sps dominated tank. Mainly milliporas.

Still have a lot of work to do but had to wait for the tank to finish up and of the framing around the tank.

littlebuck70

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Ok well the past couple days have been really productive.

Any comments are welcome. Things that you might do different?

Thanks.

Here is an updated pic.

tankfh4.jpg

autoponicz