regal

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Good news! Just found my dad's camera and used to take some pics of the tank. Here ya go:

11-23-08.jpg

It is not the camera.:smash:

fishfreak1242

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 90%
18   2   0
So after about 2 hours of making RO/DI water, the tank is about 2/3 full. I should be able to get it full tommorow and probably transfer everything over during thanksgiving weekend.

fishfreak1242

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 90%
18   2   0
Julien, I'm gonna be at your house Thursday. We can move most of the stuff if you're ready by then.
OK cool. Right now I'm not exactly sure if I will be ready because I don't know I am going to add more sand or not. Ill see how much the sand I have covers the bottom. Also, the tank is almost full. The tubing was long enough on my RO/DI to extend right into the tank. It should be full within the next hour or so and then I will fill up the sump and get everything circulating.

BlueSi4

Blu By U
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
OK cool. Right now I'm not exactly sure if I will be ready because I don't know I am going to add more sand or not. Ill see how much the sand I have covers the bottom. Also, the tank is almost full. The tubing was long enough on my RO/DI to extend right into the tank. It should be full within the next hour or so and then I will fill up the sump and get everything circulating.

Cool, you can always slowly add the sand even when you have livestock in there if you know how to do it, and it won't cause a sandstorm in there :tongue1:

fishfreak1242

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 90%
18   2   0
The tanks is FILLED!!!! And I also started to fill the sump. I got about half of the first section filled and I started the protein skimmer in hopes that it breaks in before I do the switch.

fishfreak1242

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 90%
18   2   0
Update:
The tank and sump are filled, but I ran into a little problem. The pump that BluSi gave me, isn't working now. I went to plug it in and nothing. The impeller isn't even moving. It was working fine yesterday. Does anyone have any suggestions on what good be wrong? Its a quietone pump.

fishfreak1242

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 90%
18   2   0
So I checked all of the parameters of the tank and here they are:
Ammonia-0
Nitrite-0
Nitrate-0
pH-8.2
Alk-9
Temp-80
Salinity-1.024
Looks like I'm gonna do the switch tonight.

fishfreak1242

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 90%
18   2   0
I'll be there in a couple hours, ready to help!

You got the sand in there already??

All the pumps and everything working???
The sand is already in there. Theres not a lot, but it covers the bottom. Ill add some more later when I get some cash. The pumps and everything are working perfectly. I have a small pump in there to keep everything circulating. I also just took some pics after I took some of the rocks out scrubbed then down and transfered them over. Here they are:
Sump
11-27-08.jpg

Sump from different angle
11-27-083.jpg

55 gal after I took some of the live rock out
11-27-082.jpg

Some of the live rock in its new home
11-27-084.jpg

fishfreak1242

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 90%
18   2   0
So I just finished transfering everything over. It took about 3 hours to. It would have been alot quicker if I didn't have to scrape all of the rocks down. All of the fish and corals are doing great and it doesn't look like I lost anything. Heres some pics of the end result:
FTS
IMG_1057.jpg

Another FTS at different angle
IMG_1058.jpg

FTS with sump
IMG_1060.jpg

Sump (BTW if anyone wants any free chaeto, let me know I'm gonna do some trimming, just pm me)
IMG_1059.jpg

55 gal after the transfer
IMG_1063.jpg

I am sooo happy that everything turned out so great.

BlueSi4

Blu By U
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
I'm glad we were able to do everything tonight and it went pretty smooth, now you just need to pick up some more rock, some sand and you should be golden for a bit!

fishfreak1242

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 90%
18   2   0
Heres some pics with the metal halides and t-5s on:
FTS
IMG_1069.jpg

Clownfish
IMG_1070.jpg

Firefish and some of the zoos
IMG_1073.jpg

Firefish with more of the zoos
IMG_1074.jpg

Sixline wrasse with some more coral
IMG_1076.jpg

Sump
IMG_1078.jpg

A shot of all of the coral I have
IMG_1083.jpg

C'mon guys theres like 500 views and few people have replied. I wanna hear your comments and opinions.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: