fishfreak1242

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 90%
18   2   0
So I just bought a 75 RR tank today from another reefer who got out of the hobby a little while ago, BluSi. It sure was a PITA to load everything up and then set it up. Everything is a little dirty but it's gonna be awesome once I get everything up and running. My current tank is a 55 gal, which I don't really like because it isn't very wide. So I decided to take some pics along the way.

Main Tank
IMG_0971.jpg

30 gal Sump and Return Pump
IMG_0973.jpg

Some Misc plumbing and things
IMG_0978.jpg

The Octopus Skimmer I'm gonna use
IMG_0987.jpg

Front tank shot of tank and stand
IMG_0994.jpg

My current 55 gal
IMG_0989.jpg

Sorry about the pics being so blurry. I'll try to get some more pics up this weekend after I clean everything.

BlueSi4

Blu By U
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Happy that the tank went into good hands, now you just need to know how to take better pictures haha.

I'm still feeling the pain of loading and unloading the tank. Can't wait to see it come to life...

fishfreak1242

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 90%
18   2   0
Heres a lil update. Got the tank and sump cleaned just got to tank the DT outside and gonna dump out all of the excess water on the bottom and hose it down. In this 30 degree weather it gonna be fun. Heres a pic of the tank all clean.

IMG_1000.jpg

This weekend Im going to paint the stand to match the canopy.

BlueSi4

Blu By U
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Nice job Julien, told you it wouldn't take you long to clean it and get it ready. When you're ready for the move, let me know I'll come help.

Get that RO/DI working!!

fishfreak1242

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 90%
18   2   0
Nice job Julien, told you it wouldn't take you long to clean it and get it ready. When you're ready for the move, let me know I'll come help.

Get that RO/DI working!!
Its already working and I have been filling up a big 25 gal tote and mixing SW with the return pump and heater and salt you sold me.

fishfreak1242

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 90%
18   2   0
So now I'm really stoked about how great this camera is so I took a few pics of the sump all cleaned. Here ya go:
Front of Sump
IMG_1008.jpg

The Octopus Skimmer fits perfectly in intake section of sump
IMG_1010.jpg

Pic of the top
IMG_1011.jpg

I already got all of the plumbing pieces in the position I want just gotta glue it all together and get the return pump in there.

fishfreak1242

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 90%
18   2   0
So heres a lil update:
I got about 3/4 the way though of painting the stand just gotta pothyurethane it to water-proof it and the stand will be done. Then after that Im gonna paint the brim of the tank to match the stand. So far its looking pretty good. Heres some pics:

Stand after primer and base coat
IMG_1026.jpg

The polyurethane Im gonna use
IMG_1018.jpg

The grey primer that i used
IMG_1019.jpg

And finally the black paint
IMG_1021.jpg

Hopefully I'll be able to get the tank up and have water in it by the end of today!!

fishfreak1242

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 90%
18   2   0
nice job so far, I will be tagging along to see it when its stocked with corals:)
thanks. I just finished polyurethaning the stand and painting the trim around the tank and its all in place. Unfortunately, I left my camera on while I was painting and the battery died, so I'm not gonna be able to get any pics until maybe later on tonight. Next step is filling with some water!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: