fishfreak1242

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 90%
18   2   0
nice setup you should get some more live rock
Live rock is the next thing on my list. I'm already curing some rock right now, so I'll add those in once they are cured. I also just bought 20lbs of sand to add to the tank. It should get here in about a week. Does anyone have any advice on how to add the sand without getting the tank really cloudy?

fishfreak1242

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 90%
18   2   0
Heres some more pics:
FTS
IMG_1090.jpg

Firefish and Clownfish
IMG_1094.jpg

Firefish
IMG_1097.jpg

I have more fish in there, but they are alot harder to get good pics of.

fishfreak1242

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 90%
18   2   0
The sand came today! I added about half of it so that the tank wouldn't get too cloudy. It looks like that should be enough to cover the bottom and leave about an 1" sand bed. I'll get some pics up when all of the sand is in and its clear.

fishfreak1242

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 90%
18   2   0
Ok I took some more pics today. The sand is all in and I added another rock. It weighs around 5-10 lbs so now I have about 90lbs of rock in there. Heres some pic:
FTS
IMG_1129.jpg

Another FTS
IMG_1133.jpg

Coral
IMG_1134.jpg

IMG_1135.jpg

IMG_1136.jpg

IMG_1137.jpg

IMG_1138.jpg

I'll eventually move the new rock to a different spot, but for right now its fine.

autoponicz

powered by MR
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
nice job...looks like that rock is dead?
1 piece might be ok for some fishes and zoos...but if you plan to add more...get some rocks from a cycled tank...or you'll get an ammonia spike

fishfreak1242

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 90%
18   2   0
nice job...looks like that rock is dead?
1 piece might be ok for some fishes and zoos...but if you plan to add more...get some rocks from a cycled tank...or you'll get an ammonia spike
I'm pretty sure there's bacteria in it cus I had it in a bucket curing for like 2 months now. There just wasn't any light so no algae grew on it.

fishfreak1242

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 90%
18   2   0
Happy Holidays to everyone!

So here's an update:
For christmas I got a new camera. Its the canon powershot SD1100 IS. I also got the reef keeper 2 and the tunze osmolator. I got the reef keeper set up, it's amazing it keeps my temp at a steady 80.5 degrees and controls my lights, pumps, heater and everything else in between. It's also alot smally than I would have thought. It's only like 3" long and 2" tall. I can't really figure out how to setup the tunze osmolator. It's really complicated and the directions aren't very helpful. If anyone has any advice on how to set it up that would be greatly appreciated. Heres some pics that I took of my new stuff:

The sump
IMG_0015.jpg

Reefkeeper
IMG_0012.jpg

The DC8 outlet thingy for the reefkeeper
IMG_0013.jpg

The tunze as of right now
IMG_0010.jpg

fishfreak1242

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 90%
18   2   0
I released the tang a few hours ago and finally got some descents pics. He's a really cool fish and has been pretty active for his first day. He even started to eat algae off the rocks and back of the tank. Heres some pics.
FTS
IMG_0039.jpg

IMG_0042.jpg

IMG_0043.jpg

IMG_0044.jpg

BlueSi4

Blu By U
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Looks good Julien, looks more and more like my tank!!

Did you figure out the Tunze Osmolator issue? It's hard to explain through email, if I get home and you're still having problems, I will try to stop by one day and help you out.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: