DrCooper

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Welcome and AMAZING FIRST TANK!
cant wait to see more pics

i see you guys are audi fans. My brother is an audi fanatic
had an S4 which he dropped serious cash into and tuned it up beyond. Got rid of it then got RS4. That thing was a beast
Now the A5
Audi's are nice
RS4 was my fav!

TighTT

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I found my very first hitchhiker this evening!!
Sorry for the poor quality iphone pics:

photo2-vi.jpg

photo-vi.jpg

I believe its a Asterina star....what I have been told is a common hitchhiker. Nevertheless I was (am) totally stoked when I saw this little bugger in my tank! Im anxiously awaiting more new critters to emerge. Hopefully this is a good sign that Im doing atleast something right. :splitspin

skene

Winter. Time for Flakes..
Rating - 100%
240   0   0
Speak to Tony ever so often. I have been meaning to go down to their new location and say wassup... I found it a pisser that they ended up moving only minutes from where I lived at when I was in Philly. Not saying that the other location wasn't close by though.
Car is looking good. How she running though?
I have every intention of doing up another either Audi or VW. I am so undecided as of right now. I can't justify the means. I spent way to much between traveling to tracks, tickets etc. Anywho now my tanks get all my money.... :( saddening but fulfilling.

TighTT

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Speak to Tony ever so often. I have been meaning to go down to their new location and say wassup... I found it a pisser that they ended up moving only minutes from where I lived at when I was in Philly. Not saying that the other location wasn't close by though.
Car is looking good. How she running though?
I have every intention of doing up another either Audi or VW. I am so undecided as of right now. I can't justify the means. I spent way to much between traveling to tracks, tickets etc. Anywho now my tanks get all my money.... :( saddening but fulfilling.

She runs like a champ....running on the stock ECU with custom tuning and 4 inch MAF.

If you see/speak with Tony...tell him I said whats up.

skene

Rating - 100%
240   0   0
How did this thread turn from a tank thread to a car thread?

It's all about these little nasty expensive habits that we call hobbies. I am sure that it while not really in the same context, it can be appreciated that we all can share other hobbies between ourselves that connect us all.

Regardless of how certainties take place. This is what brings us all together, a love of aquatica and Audis.

I just can't wait to see what Adam has in store next for his tank.
Care to share your upcoming ideas? Just to get the thread back on topic.

Rating - 100%
31   0   0
He's got amphipods that haven't been seen yet. I saw a molt of a medium-sized one floating around in the display area on Friday.

We're spotted mini calcarious-tubed feather duster worms, foraminferans and purple mushrooms growing out of the rocks. We used a mesoscope to take viewing to the next level :)

TighTT

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
He's got amphipods that haven't been seen yet. I saw a molt of a medium-sized one floating around in the display area on Friday.

We're spotted mini calcarious-tubed feather duster worms, foraminferans and purple mushrooms growing out of the rocks. We used a mesoscope to take viewing to the next level :)

Now we just need to add that controller and ATO and I'll be ready for some livestock!

TighTT

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Added some freshies to the tank. I acquired a green torch, Pipe Organ coral, a zoa colony, and a Rose bubble tip anemone. Sorry for the Iphone pics...I'll snap some better pics tomorrow. The pics were taken not long after they were acclimated to the water and placed in the tank...so they're not too perky. :)

tank-vi.jpg

tank2-vi.jpg

Last edited:

TighTT

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
So......I get home from work this evening to find that my new Rose tip bubble has gone astray from the nice rock I had him sitting on. Instead he made his way up the glass (knocking over the pipe organ) and found a nice cozy spot right on my Vortech!

DSC_0199-vi.jpg

DSC_0196-vi.jpg

DSC_0197-vi.jpg

So I carefully pulled him off the pump/glass and put him on a different rock...hopefully he'll stay put.

Some pics:

DSC_0214-vi.jpg

DSC_0211-vi.jpg

DSC_0206-vi.jpg

DSC_0239-vi.jpg

DSC_0190-vi.jpg

DSC_0220-vi.jpg

two-vi.jpg

1-vi.jpg

skene

Rating - 100%
240   0   0
coming along nicely. What you need to keep in mind is that anemones love light. So the higher you put him up the more put they will stay... as long as the foot is wedged into something dark.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: