Status
Not open for further replies.

rookie07

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 97.5%
235   6   0
Chief: have you considered a 90 degree rotation of the lights? I ask bc, bc of the overflow the tank is bigger left to right than front to back. If you rotate the light, you should get better coverage.

Chiefmcfuz

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Clowns, gramma, blenny, and wrasse are all well. Just caught the wrasse hunting and taking out my cleanup crew one by one. Going to give him a day then set the trap. With all the stuff going on in the tank i need to have a strong army of hermit crabs and snails.

Chiefmcfuz

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
I have brown filamentous algae all over. Through increased WC's and frequent media changes my overall levels are equalizing. I think I can make it through things without taking the rock out entirely and scrubbing it. Also, I think I found a patch of dyno's so that doesn't make me happy but my hands have been in the tank so much I had to pass on the exploration yesterday.

xxxAngeloxxx

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
I have brown filamentous algae all over. Through increased WC's and frequent media changes my overall levels are equalizing. I think I can make it through things without taking the rock out entirely and scrubbing it. Also, I think I found a patch of dyno's so that doesn't make me happy but my hands have been in the tank so much I had to pass on the exploration yesterday.

Going threw the same thing with my tank too =(

Chiefmcfuz

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Also going to set up the trap for the wrasse today. Hopefully by the time I get back from the Superbowl Party I am going to I will have her trapped and can replace my cleanup crew and send her off to somewhere where she can be happy. Might have to set up a fish only tank.

Chiefmcfuz

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
It was bought as a melanarus because my melanarus had disappeared. But now with better Identification it looks more like a yellow tail possibly a dusky. She's about 4 1/2 inches and fat from eating about ALL of my cleanup crew LOL!

Chiefmcfuz

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
StevieT made the box special for me.

Ok so the update is as follows:
Trap is now loaded with some rubble and 2 hermit crabs. Hopefully the wrasse falls for it.

Light is mounted sideways with some brackets I picked up at Home Ripoff. Will take pictures of it all this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: