Status
Not open for further replies.

Chiefmcfuz

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Ok so here is the update that was asked for.

With all the things going on in my life with getting separated and working nights and trying to get things straight I let the tank be neglected for a long time. I tried and tried to get into a schedule but it didn't work. Got the new light and thought I was doing something but I really was just shedding new light on my very neglected tank.

Pretty much I had a 90% crash. Most of my fish are fine but my corals are for the most part gone. I have a couple of mushrooms, a leather, some blastos and a few other frags left but for the most part the tank is barren. I am pretty ashamed but this week I took the steps to right my wrongs. Something as simple as setting up reminders for my water changes each month seemed like walking the gauntlet of shame but I have now taken the time to set that up and have reminders texted to me and emailed to me as well. I bought a new skimmer, the Bubble Magus NAC QQ, changed my media and also did a 7 gallon water change. So hopefully things will start to look up in a few weeks. So sad that I lost so many nice corals and one beautiful anemone. Thank god most of my fish are here. The only one I cannot find is my Royal Gramma, but she usually pops up after a few days of me messing with the tank. All in all it is a work in progress but a little at a time I hope it will get back. I am upgrading from the SOL nano to the SOL blue as well so I hope that when I am ready for a new anemone this will give it enough light.

Below is a pic of the new skimmer installed. It is breaking in now after a bit of wiggling to get it in it is working nicely and producing nice white foam. Lights are off now but I will try to take pics later when they come on and I wake up from a long night at work.

IMAG0513.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: