Status
Not open for further replies.

xxxAngeloxxx

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
StevieT made the box special for me.

Ok so the update is as follows:
Trap is now loaded with some rubble and 2 hermit crabs. Hopefully the wrasse falls for it.

Light is mounted sideways with some brackets I picked up at Home Ripoff. Will take pictures of it all this week.

Home Ripoff? Lol I haven't heard of thoses words in a while Chief. Tell me what was the ripoff total come up to after you left? Lol

Chiefmcfuz

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Ok so I cut the rails from the ai kit to 20 inches. Then i got some sheet metal brackets from home Ripoff. I bent them to fit in the middle of the rails. I drilled a hole to mount the light to them. Primed and painted them. Then i mounted them to the light and the rails. And installed the light on the tank. Here are the pictures of the progression. Sorry if they are not in order. But you can get what I did.

Chiefmcfuz

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
IMAG0009.jpg

IMAG0008.jpg

IMAG0012.jpg

IMAG0011.jpg

IMAG0010.jpg

IMAG0007.jpg

IMAG0006.jpg

Should be fixed for everyone now. Tapatalk upload was weird.

Skene Moon lights are spread better haven't been home yet for daylight cycle. When I get home from my girlfriends before I go to bed I will snap a couple pics and try to upload them.

Chiefmcfuz

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Thanks for the comments guys. Wrasse is still not trapped but is poking around the trap. Going to bed now. Hopefully I wake up to him in the trap and I can put him in isolation. Will post pictures of the tank with the day lighting on. But I will say that I am extremely happy with the change in the appearance of the tank with the new configuration. The light distribution is much better.

rookie07

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 97.5%
235   6   0
I was actually building arms like you have on your setup but since I am a guest in my father's house he asked that I didn't drill and mount them to the walls.

Mine was attached to the stand, not the wall. I cut out a small area in the top of stand so the arm was almost flush against tank (i needed it close bc it dis not hang very far from base)

Chiefmcfuz

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
IMAG0016.jpg

Spread is nice. Wrasse is not trapped. Thinking of dosing h2o2.

Phil I was going to try to mount the arms to the back of the stand but I don't want to drain the tank and move it to do that. Probably get rid of the arms I made somehow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: