you have a very beautiful tank
I think Mray may be right looks like redbugs
BTW VERY NICE SHOT
macro11-7redbugsps.jpg

tosiek

Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Thanks everyone!

And yeah i know i have redbugs, and they are only on my bonsai's and another acro. It hasn't been a top priority to mess with redbug treatment since they haven't been detrimental to the coral. I will soon though. Plus part of the reason i posted that pic was because of the redbugs after i noticed them.

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
T, glad to hear you're bouncing back....unequivocal evidence of a true reefer, to the core :biggrin: Address those red bugs and everything will be spot on mate. Keep up the good work.

swimmer

tosiek

Rating - 100%
48   0   0
12/28/09

Ripped apart my tank before xmas and replaced my overflow wall with a glass one, made it a larger chamber of open air space that the plumbing goes into and made the overflow smaller and i squeezed 5-8g out of my total water volume while doing so. I also changed the plexi out for a new piece since i cracked the old one while removing it, redid my plumbing and changed out my return pump for the Dart. My apt looked like a fish store for a week. 5 garbage cans, 2 plastic rubbermaid tubs, and 2 fishtanks later its all done. Also modded my sump by removing a chamber to accept more water before overflowing as well since i wasn't using a compartment at all which removed another 5g out of my total water volume. Been wanting to drop my total water volume down a bit =0)

I still have to aquascape which hasn't been done yet due to xmas shopping and being too busy at work before the holidays which took up most of my time. I also had to replace half of my sand since i managed to not keep it alive too well so im hesitant in creating a huge dust storm the moment i move a rock. I'll get some full tank shots once i have it all set. For now all my rocks are piled up in a clump and all my coral/frags are in the sand or in egg crate so they don't move around everywhere.

Here are some pics i took of some fish i got from Dom and Fish Finder for the time being. New Potters wrasse and a filamented flasher wrasse.

potters4flash.jpg

potters2.jpg

Potters1.jpg

Fishies070.jpg

Potters and my African leopard swimming together =0)

pottersleopard1.jpg

And this is what the potters does everytime i take the camera out. sigh.
potters5.jpg

Last edited:

tosiek

Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Wanted to share with you all a new acquisition I got in today that i've been searching forever for and had a hard time finding.

H. Hipoppus (bear claw clam)

cebf248c.jpg

They are a red list clam, not imported due to overfarming for their shells. I have just seen alot for sale recently. When i do find them they are usually sold quick. Nothing pretty like a snakeskin maxima but I find them extremely interesting and pleasing to the eye. Its definately not the bright colorful thing in the tank that everyone has googly eyes for and asks what it is. :Yikes:

Has the mantle texture of a Gigas, that clear almost see through with streaks of grey, doesn't extend past the lip, and you can see light blue flourescent spots around the edges in the light and these white orbs under the translucent skin of the mantle.

I'll get better pictures and macro shots later as well as my white/silver clam I got last week. And get some updates on the tank in a few days. Been working to fix a few things that got out of control so its been keeping me buisy.

cono

Rating - 94.1%
32   2   0
Great job tony cant wait to see it .....trying to get my tank looking the same just having problems with a few things ....( upgraded to a 180 ) and want to hook up my 90 again as one system

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: