cozer

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what i meant was are there corals that you can get b/c you're on the Pacific that we can't get b/c they would not survive the shipping? Also, I don't know what the laws are there for coral import and collection. i understand about pricing, though...

To my best knowledge, I think you can get almost every species of corals that you want to have, if you have $$~~ This is real! The corals can exactly survive the shipping unless a serious delay of the plane take place! As for the laws here, I think we have less restrictions than you have in U.S. on the coral or fish import from other countries. Take zoas for example, we can easily and legally get complete colonies while one can only legally get frags there in U.S.

cozer

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
:bigeyes: :bigeyes: :bigeyes: Holy *&%!!!! That is some serious looking LED light fixture!!! I have never seen anything like that before. Did you make it or is that something only available overseas? I'm guessing it's a DIY judging by the topside with all the screws . Care to give us specs?:bigeyes: :bigeyes: :bigeyes:

BTW great shots and welcome to MR!:D

The fixture is actually manufactured here in Taiwan. Not a DIY work!

Last edited:

cozer

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are some of the top-down pics taken two months ago, one can clearly see the reflection of the LED lamps from the water surface:

P2210547.jpg

P2210546.jpg

P2210545.jpg

P2210543.jpg

Last edited:

janey

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
46   0   0
Hi, David
Yes his tank is alsome . And awaiting for my LED fixture ......
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

cozer

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WOW!!! Amazing coral collection you have!!! I love your tanks.

I was in Taiwan once...I had a amazing time...great place

What type of Anemone is that? The green is so pretty.

Wow! You have been to Taiwan before? For business or somthing else? People here in Taiwan are always kind and enthusiastic to foreign people!

The name of the green little Anemone in my tank is "Majano Anemone
". You can find some info. from here: http://www.coralpedia.com/index.php?module=Gallery2&g2_itemId=4220

It is said that these little guys are harmful to zoas and they really does in my tank but not that serious! Since they got pretty looks, I decide to keep them without removing them by any methods. Till now, just few heads of zoas are killed (more likely to shrink) by the Anemone! Well, still keeping an eye on them~~ lol~~

BTW, I have read your thread before, and you got even more beautiful tank and corals than I do! Really amazing! Hope to see personally~~ lol~

rookie07

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 97.5%
235   6   0
I was refering to the coral/anemone that your clowns are swimming in/Hosting. After I looked again, I think it might be a Torch Coral(Euphyllia glabrescens). Is it an Anemone or a Coral?

I was in Taipei with a few friends, one of them grew up there, for 2 weeks. One of the best trips I've ever taken.

cozer

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was refering to the coral/anemone that your clowns are swimming in/Hosting. After I looked again, I think it might be a Torch Coral(Euphyllia glabrescens). Is it an Anemone or a Coral?

I was in Taipei with a few friends, one of them grew up there, for 2 weeks. One of the best trips I've ever taken.
Yes! That is a Torch coral, not an Anemone! I don't have a large enough Anemone for the two clowns to host, so they are forced to host in that Torch coral! lol~

Simply gorgeous!!!
Welcome to MR and thanks for sharing!

wow amazing tank!!!!! :D :D colors are crazy same with your zoos!

H O L Y S H ^%
sick sick sick

Thank you for noticing my thread!

cozer

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can we get a picture of the sump? What type of skimmer etc...

Here shows the main equipment for maintaining this tank:

My 50g Display (up-left), the sump (down-left), and the refugium (down-right):
Reefsystem.jpg

Skimmer: BM-160 (external type)
DSC_0025_1.jpg

Calcium reactor TMS CR-120D

Empty
careactor1.jpg

With AB hydrocarbonat
careactor2.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: