cozer

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hate to be the sore thumb, but were these pix edited? If so do you have any unedited pix?

If not :eek: once again!!

These pics are edited by ACDsee with only the "brightness" adjustment. Most of these pics were take under the condition of low ISO value (>200) to obtain good quality of lower noises. Therefore, if not the post-treatment of brightness adjustment, they will look much darker than what one may see by naked eyes. As for the color, not further adjustment has been done on them!
So, what should I do now?

In my opinion personally, I think post-treatment is sometimes necessary if the pics are taken under critical conditions. If not, I agree with the presentation of the "untouched" pics!

Last edited:

cozer

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Monthly update of May (20gal Zoa Only Tank)

FTS under white and blue LED lights
underwhiteFTS.jpg

FTS under blue LED light only
underblueFTS.jpg

Some pics under white and blue LED lights
underwhite001.jpg

underwhite005.jpg

underwhite002.jpg

Same pics under blue LED lights only
underblue003.jpg

underblue004.jpg

underblue002.jpg

Two of the fishes in this tank:
underwhite013.jpg

underwhite014.jpg
[/quote][/QUOTE]

morphiii

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 95.2%
20   1   0
Are all the zoos stuck to a few pieces of giant rocks? They are all overlapping each other, I am just wondering how you go about fragging them.

cozer

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are all the zoos stuck to a few pieces of giant rocks? They are all overlapping each other, I am just wondering how you go about fragging them.

Actually, I don't do fragging at all. For this tank, I would like them growing all over the rocks. My dream is to see no exposure of the rock fron top-down view! lol~ But a damn crab in this tank is doing the destruction there......not able to catch it without moving the rocks~ Quite upset!

cozer

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are some new pics of the 50g taken today!

FTS
FTS.jpg

from left side
leftsideview.jpg

from right side
rightsideview.jpg

some local shots
CDR0.jpg

CDR1.jpg

CDR3.jpg

CDR2.jpg

DallasNYC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
Great looking Tanks!

I'm gradually becoming interested in LEDs more and more. Can you provide us more information on the LED fixture? Who makes it? How long have you been using it? Have you seen any difference in coral growth or change in colors between your LEDs and T5s? Most fixtures I've seen in the U.S. have blue and white LEDs only. What is the reson for the red LEDs?

Thanks for sharing your tank with us..

D

cozer

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great looking Tanks!

I'm gradually becoming interested in LEDs more and more. Can you provide us more information on the LED fixture? Who makes it? How long have you been using it? Have you seen any difference in coral growth or change in colors between your LEDs and T5s? Most fixtures I've seen in the U.S. have blue and white LEDs only. What is the reson for the red LEDs?

Thanks for sharing your tank with us..

D

I don't know if it is appropriate to reply the questions about the spec. and/or the manufacturer of the fixture I got here in the forum! I got warned in other sites b/c they thought I am doing advertisement for the products. So, If you really need to know more about the fixture, please send me your e-mail in a PM. I can send you some info. I got when I tried to purchase mine few months ago.

As for the the difference in corals growth or change in colors between LED and other lighting source, in my own case, I used a 2X150W + 2X39W T5 set for my tank before. Although it is really nice on my reef tank, it consumed lots of energy (= money) and generated lots of heat (= energy consumption on running a chiller = waste of money). I convinced myself to replace the money wasting lighting system with this LED sysem. It costs me almost the same price to the former system, but until now, it saves lots of money for me during these six months! It is just like a surprise to me! The corals do not lose their colors with the change of the lighting. Some even beome more brilliant especially for zoas! As for growing, I find significant growth for both my SPS and zoas. Corals with obvious fluorencence become even more colorful under the blue LED light! I am just loving this fixture!

As you have asked, many people asked me about the function of the red LED. According to some research articles, it is mentioned that red light is beneficial to some species of fluorencent protein inside the corals. The red light can stimulate the protein to work more efficiently than under normal lighting. Moreover, I find thant the fishes under the light in company with red LED light are more colored than without it. This maybe due to the reflectin of red light from the fishes themselves and therefore shows intenser red color!

Hope these info. above helps!

Last edited:

DallasNYC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
Thanks for the input. I will PM you about the fixture.
I just put in new T5 bulbs so I will wait until they have been used, but I'm sure I will make the switch over soon. Its been said on so many threads already that LEDs are the future for tank lighting, and your tank is a really good example of what can be done. Thanks Again.

cozer

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let's make a comparison between FTS under different lighting systems:

FTS under former 2X150W MH + 2X39W T5 (pic taken in May 2008)
ab36d747.jpg

FTS under 90W LED lighting fixture (pic taken in May 2009)
FTS.jpg

What do you think about the difference between the two pics?
In my personal opinion, the shimmer can still be clearly observed under the LED light, and the light intensity judged from naked eyes (no instrument for measurement) is just a little bit darker for LED system than the MH+T5 system. However, the enegy consumption is a great difference (90W vs 378W). And that is why I give up the former system!

autoponicz