cozer

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone here in Manhattan Reefs!
My name is David, and I would like to show you my 50gal Dream Reef tank. This tank was set up one year and six months ago. It is actually one part of my reef system. There is another 20gal sub-display tank (Zoa Only) for keeping only various zoas that I collected for two years.

The FTS of the 50g display tankt aken two months ago!
DSC_0007.jpg

Few more update taken two weeks ago:
DreamReef6.jpg

DreamReef7.jpg

DreamReef5.jpg

DreamReef4.jpg

DreamReef3.jpg

DreamReef1.jpg

DreamReef2.jpg

Hope you like it!

Last edited:

cozer

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am glde to be here in MR to introduce my DreamReef tank! The 50 gal tank is just one part of my reef system.

The whole system is composed of:
(a) 50 gal Display tank
(b) 10 gal sump
(c) 10 gal Refuge
(d) 20 gal Sub-display tank (Zoa Only Tank)
(e) 10 gal freshwater reservoir for top-off

Below shows the figure of the whole sytem:
cozermarinetanksystem.jpg

Here are some pics of my 20 gal "Zoa Only Tank"

FTS (all lights on)
151c71d6.jpg

45 degree form the right side
45.jpg

Under the moonlights
afc62800.jpg

Part of the tank
1-2.jpg

2-2.jpg

cozer

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great Set-up. Great Zoas in the first picture. What camera and lense are you using>? BTW. welcome to MR.

Also, what lighting are you using?

The camera I am using is Nikon D80, and the lense is the 18-135mm Kit! As for the lighting, I am now using a LED lighting fixture for both my 50g main display tank and the 20g sub-display tank (which is mainly zoas collection!). I replaced the former 150WX2 MH + 39W actinic T5 about four months ago, and these LED fixtures are doing just great on the coloration enhancement of the corals! The main advantage is that they consume only 1/3 energy of the MH+T5 set while providing almost the same light intensity (judge from naked eyes!)

Hope these information helps!

cozer

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The pics in my previous post are of the 50g display tank, which is just one part of the whole reef system. In order to show you the complete system, below shows the figure of Cozer's Reef System:

cozermarinetanksystem.jpg

The whole system is composed of:
(a) 50 gal Display tank
(b) 10 gal sump
(c) 10 gal Refuge
(d) 20 gal Sub-display tank (Zoa Only Tank)
(e) 10 gal freshwater reservoir for top-off

Here I would like to sjow you some pics of my "Zoa Only Tank":

FTS (all lights on)
151c71d6.jpg

45 degree form the right side
45.jpg

Under the LED moonlight module:
afc62800.jpg

Part of the tank
1-2.jpg

2-2.jpg

cozer

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One might be curious about the lighting source for my reef system, below shows the LED lighting fixture that I am using on my "Zoa Only tank":

Moonlight modules ON
P3240510.jpg

Moonlight + Red modules + 4 Blue sets ON
P3240525.jpg

Moonlight + Red modules + 2 White and 4 Blue sets ON
P3240529.jpg

Top-down view
P3240538.jpg

cozer

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Even though I'm an SPS guy but I just have to ask... what's the name of this zoa right here?

Actually, I don't know the name of this species. But I would still like to provide you a website with great zoa collection and their names. The site is shown below:

http://www.coralpedia.com/

I always visit this website for searching the name of the zoas I newly collected. There are other useful information talking about the Zoanthid Predators, Irritators, & Diseases. These may do great help to anyone like me who is so infatuated in keeping zoas!

cozer

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow! Fantastic colors and I really like the set-up! Welcome to MR!
You are in Taiwan? What is the coral-buying like there? Your colors are intense! I'm wondering if you can get corals we just can't....

Yes, I am in Taiwan, a beautiful island on Pacific ocean! I don't think we can get corals that you might not get in U.S. except for some species of the zoas originate locally in Taiwan. Honestly, the same species of corals we get might be not as beautiful as those available in U.S. due to the price we can afford! The coral-buying? I don't relly understand! Do you mean the price here in Taiwan? Or something else?

samksy

FISHING, I'M IN!!!!
Rating - 100%
346   0   0
Awsome awsome awsome awsome collection, colors and setup!!!

And for for a ~1.5 year old setup. Wow!!!!

btw, is your led light a DIY (do it yourself) type? Where you get those lights and how much did it cost you on those LED lights? thanks,

Oh, and welcome to Manhattan Reef!

-Sam

daisy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
what i meant was are there corals that you can get b/c you're on the Pacific that we can't get b/c they would not survive the shipping? Also, I don't know what the laws are there for coral import and collection. i understand about pricing, though...

grknyer

Official Lurker
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
:bigeyes: :bigeyes: :bigeyes: Holy *&%!!!! That is some serious looking LED light fixture!!! I have never seen anything like that before. Did you make it or is that something only available overseas? I'm guessing it's a DIY judging by the topside with all the screws . Care to give us specs?:bigeyes: :bigeyes: :bigeyes:

BTW great shots and welcome to MR!:D

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: