aaron

Australian
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
OK tank has been filled and up and running for a little over a month.
I had to make one major change: swapping out the main return pump (an OR3500) for a smaller Mag 7 . once i had removed the loc-line my micro bubble problem disappeared but the new pump is louder than the old one and the noise of the water in the pipes seems noisier too. I guess its just more air in the pipes as the flow has decreased considerably.

Attachments

• DSCN0015.jpg
    DSCN0015.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 233
  • DSCN0012.jpg
    DSCN0012.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 232
  • DSCN0009.jpg
    DSCN0009.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 232

aaron

Australian
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
John, all the coral is pretty much upstairs at the moment. I am having some problems with the other tanks so i am giving it an overhaul them i'll see what ends up where.

Kris, was thinking about this sunday, but everythings still a bit of a mess and I havent bothered to call anyone. so i'm not sure.

aaron

Australian
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Yup shrooms are from Kris. were they your's originally? I always liked them in your tank john.
Zoos are ring of fires from Dean and the ones behind them are from the frag swap at jhales, they were my lucky dip zoos. Not sure if it was a reefer madness ones or not.
Marone, I'm waiting for your zoos to colour up a bit more before i post a pic but they are starting to look real happy.
Thanks everyone, It means a lot to me to get compliments from all of you. yours are the tanks that i have aways aspired to emulate.

Tony, as far as the DIY skimmer goes, its going pretty good, but i'm stilll trying to figure out if it was really worth all the effort. then again it did only cost me about $60.

aaron

Australian
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
fish eye

I was going to post these with my tank thread but i cant seem to find it so i'll just put it here. I just got a fisheye attachment for my camera and took a few shots of the living room tank with it,
Pretty cool, a fish eye looking at fish:bigeyes2:

Attachments

• DSCN0130.jpg
    DSCN0130.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 203
  • DSCN0131.jpg
    DSCN0131.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 203

aaron

Australian
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
12 Months on

well its 12 months since i filled the tank for the first time.
I recently got rid of one of my other tanks and put as much as i could into this one. Its a little more tightly packed that i would like but at this point I dont want to get rid of anything else.

Attachments

• DSCN0495.jpg
    DSCN0495.jpg
    198.1 KB · Views: 162

aaron

Australian
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Tank update

Latest tank shot update.
Its been a long time since i updated this thread, there's been some growth and everything is looking pretty happy, especially when you look back to the start of the thread.
Thanks to shaun for all the great frags, they make the tank look great.

Attachments

• tank shot.jpg
    tank shot.jpg
    504.3 KB · Views: 128

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: