jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Autoponicz, that's pretty much how it went down. The rock structures were fuzed together so I just picked them up and plopped them in the new tank. Granted i broke off a bunch of corals in the process.

NDY, thanks bro. I am using 4 Blue+, 1 GE6500, and 1 fiji purple

Thanks Mike and Rick. It's only been a short while but I really like the T5's. The intensity is up there with halides and I can easily change the look by swapping a bulb or two.

Brendan, thanks man. Nano's are a challenge due to the limited space and quick parameter fluctuations, but I apply the same principles to this tank as I did larger tanks. What go's in must come out. I don't rely on natural process like sandbeds and fuges to filter this tank, as it is no where near as effective as a BIG SKIMMER :D , water changes, and chemical media at times.

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
The intensity is up there with halides and I can easily change the look by swapping a bulb or two

why i have always liked t5's better, people get the miss conception it's less heat, it really isn't, it's just sprread not focal and same with electric 250w is 250w. that fixture is 4-2 in bulbs control ? my new light is a 8 bulb tek t5 less total watts but alot brighter across tank

PolandSpring

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
243   0   0
AMAZING TANK!! the Corals looks greatt!! Your color of your lights is great too! I actually have Tek T5's with ATI bulbs but i have 2 blue + 2 Aqua Blue 1 fiji purple and 1 UV Actinic White..i think i might switch to the same bulbs as you..i like the more blue look it looks great!

Do you think that the color difference will big noticable if i am using Tek T5's instead of the ATI's like you, even with the same bulbs (4 Blue+, 1 GE6500, and 1 fiji purple)?

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
The ATI fixture is 4x2 controlled.

PolandSpring, as Rick said, different reflectors and ballasts but I think the color would still probably looks similar. I don't know for sure though.

NDY

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
330   0   0
Autoponicz, that's pretty much how it went down. The rock structures were fuzed together so I just picked them up and plopped them in the new tank. Granted i broke off a bunch of corals in the process.

NDY, thanks bro. I am using 4 Blue+, 1 GE6500, and 1 fiji purple

Thanks Mike and Rick. It's only been a short while but I really like the T5's. The intensity is up there with halides and I can easily change the look by swapping a bulb or two.

Brendan, thanks man. Nano's are a challenge due to the limited space and quick parameter fluctuations, but I apply the same principles to this tank as I did larger tanks. What go's in must come out. I don't rely on natural process like sandbeds and fuges to filter this tank, as it is no where near as effective as a BIG SKIMMER :D , water changes, and chemical media at times.

Nice
I Have 8 Bulb 54Watts And Really Like The look
THIS is what am using
4 Blue + 1 Aqua Blue Special - 2 75/24 14k Aqua Blue - 1 fiji purple

S

steveo32

Rating - 100%
32   0   0
So id you swap out the skimmer in the solana ? And the tank does look unreal. Your polyp ext is outrageous and colors are crazy !!

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Thanks a bunch for the nice comments guys. Steveo, the skimmer running on the tank is a Deltec MCE 600. The skimmer that comes with the solana couldn't skim a fishbowl :D

S

steveo32

Rating - 99%
201   2   0
I knew you must have changed it going by your philosophy. I just didn't know what you had hiding in there lol. That stand didn't look like it could hide ne thing in it. I forgot deltec came out with that skimmer too.

Are your strictly deltec or ..

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Steve, the only skimmers that I feel would skim this tank well are the Deltec MCE series, ATB hang on, C+C, or warner marine skimmers. I bought the Deltec used and it does the job so I stick with it. Getting that ATB skimmer is tempting though. Maybe a future upgrade :)

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Since I updated last I have been battling a serious hair algae outbreak. I changed several things when the hair algae began growing out of control so I am not exactly sure what caused its bloom. After 2 months of manual removal and rock scrubbing, loads of mexican turbos, and several water changes with coralife salt (was using IO), It is just about under control. Hopefully it doesn't come back and I can let the rock color up and the tank mature naturally.

Before
DSC_0018-1.jpg

DSC_0020-3.jpg

Turbos eating
DSC_0009-7.jpg

After
DSC_0030.jpg

DSC_0037-1.jpg

The tank on Dec 11th
DSC_0031.jpg

DSC_0018-2.jpg

DSC_0012-3.jpg

Last edited:

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Thanks Kris.

Rick I didn't make it to the swap. I'm loving all the benefits of the T5's but I would like the look of a 400w radium better :)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: