jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
I finally had the time to do a small upgrade from a 24gal aquapod to a 34gal solana. This was a very inexpensive upgrade for me since I was able to transfer all my equipment to this new tank. Besides the tank I also changed the stand to more of a tropical look since my fiancee was breaking em' because of the drab dark wood finish.

Previous 24gal Aquapod
DSC_0077.jpg

Here is the stand before
stand1001.jpg

Here it is with a weathered blue finish and I replaced the wood top with a piece of granite.
DSC_0001-1.jpg

DSC_0002.jpg

Sand + Tank in place
DSC_0004.jpg

Ready to transfer
DSC_0005-1.jpg

Everything in....Nice and milky :)
DSC_0006.jpg

I'll post more pics when the tank clears up and I mount all the corals.

Last edited:

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Thanks Chong :)

One timer, thanks. I hope so. Hopefully the corals handle the transfer well. So far so good.

Michael, glad you like it.

Here is a pic from tonight. I mounted most corals and the water is clearing up. The skimmer pulled out 2 cups of milky water in the last few hours.
DSC_0001-2.jpg

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
looks great! Stand is very unique. I used to have a dresser that looked kinda like that.

How do you like the MP10 in your solana?

Thanks.

I'm not sure about the MP10 in the solana yet. It's definitely not too much flow. I do have a 6025 in there as well and the sand isn't blowing all over. I just love all the different settings the solana has. I pretty much stick to the high pulse because of the wavemaker effect.

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Thanks for the nice comments guys.

noelskii, just trying something different. I live on the beach and my girl decorates with an ocean theme. This thing fits the decor better :). I actually kind of like it. the color looks better in person (not as bold as in pics)

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Hi Rich, I love the new stand!:approve: Totally agree with your fiance.;) For those of us that live by the beach by choice, the ocean theme is very important...

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Thanks Awilida :)

The water is clear and all corals show good polyp extension but the colors took a little hit from the stress. Hopefully in a few weeks all the colors become more vivid. I will also be changing the bulb in a few days from the XM 20k (pictured here) to an EVC 20k.
DSC_0004-1.jpg

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0

Because the XM 20k sucks :eek: It's a pretty dim blue 250w DE 20k, at least on the sunpod ballast. The guy from reefscience says the EVC has the same color as the Helios which was my favorite bulb. If I am not happy with the EVC I will probably go back to an AB 20k.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: