albano

Saltwater since 1973
Staff member
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
as a special thank you to all those that commented, on this thread, I'm issuing a free pass,(plus guest) to visit the "Katonah Reef", just let me know when you want to stop by! In the mean time, here's a few more pics

fish_009.jpg

fish_014.jpg

fish_017.jpg

Last edited:

albano

Saltwater since 1973
Staff member
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
Bariene looks happy, that fish has great personality.
That fish, follows me around, like a puppy! and he has to be in EVERY picture! Really enjoy, him, thank you, very much!
how about a stock list, just the big guys, curious.
Have a list at home, will have to post it...there are about 10 tangs and 8 angels in there, now, besides all the wrasses, anthias, gobies, etc.!

PROGRESS REPORT: spent holiday weekend working on lighting, added 10 T5s to my 2 solaris LED units, which I partially disassembled, to reposition the light boards over my tank openings. Installed bigger overhead tracks for lighting...
solaris_009.jpg

solaris_010.jpg

solaris_011.jpg

solaris_001.jpg

ZZROCOOL

BIG ROCK SMALL FISH
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
as a special thank you to all those that commented, on this thread, I'm issuing a free pass,(plus guest) to visit the "Katonah Reef", just let me know when you want to stop by! In the mean time, here's a few more pics

fish_009.jpg

fish_014.jpg

fish_017.jpg

All that time and MONEY and you put a shelf with suction cups for FRAGS>>>>>>>>>:smash:

also why not do do rock structures rather then a pile?

I would love to Aquascape a take that big

Last edited:

albano

Saltwater since 1973
Staff member
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
All that time and MONEY and you put a shelf with suction cups for FRAGS>>>>>>>>>:smash:
Sorry, if it looks like suction cup racks (I personally DO NOT like frag racks in the DT) but as I stated in post #237, on May 5th, the original intent was to be able to place zoa frags on the overflows, and allow them to grow and cover the rear wall. The racks are 'custom made', retractable/removable units, (early design photo, below, 5 more pics on that post) that are 'temporarily holding some sps frags, while I decide which (if any) will be placed into the rockwork...
....And, speaking of rockwork, I can assure you that, like Rome, that 'structure' was NOT built in a day. I re-did it a few times over a 2 week period, (I still have over 300 lbs. of LR that I did not use, including MANY rocks, covered with polyps, :shhh: that I'll be selling) had Rick (NYreefNoob) help, and offer some great ideas, and finally changed my original 3 island plan...to get that 'pile' that I (and the fish) am very happy with. Aside from giving the approx. 60 fish, more hiding places, I had to overcome the additional problem, of having about 75% of my rock, encrusted with some type of coral, making placement difficult/time consuming. I am still "tweeking" the rocks and corals (probably will NEVER be done with that).
.I hope to be able to post a video, soon, to perhaps, give a better idea of how the tank looks.

frag_rack_005.jpg

Last edited:

straightjiggy10

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 99.2%
235   2   0

I would love to Aquascape a TANK that big

I had the pleasure to see this tank in person, and the tank is awesome. You made a ignorant assumption on somebody elses tank for 1 the frag racks are removable and has a great purpose and for two he has the right to do as he please to his tank, if he wanted to make a 450G tank full of suction frag racks you have no place to comment on why he spent his time or money on what he felt like doing, sorry or getting off topic comment kind of came from left field :backtotop

Great tank Alfie I will bring my HD Camcorder and SLR next time i come!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: