DCG1286

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
181   0   0
As some of you know I upgraded my 90G tank to a 120 ... although it's only 30 gallons larger, having the extra 6" on the side makes a world of difference for reef building.

A huge thanks to ShaunW for his wonderful system! Thank you so much Shaun, I hope you and your wife are enjoying yourselves "down under" and hope to see you very soon!

Only thing right now that I have to do is put a background on the tank ... lol ... I keep forgetting to do that. ;)

Tank Specifics:
  • 120G AGA RR Tank
  • Canopy = 1x 150W MH HQI Pendant (10K Bulb) PFO Ballast ... 4x VHO with icecap ballast ... I am only going to use 1 MH Pendant at the moment ... I really want to add some LED's to this unit and try them out. Maybe 2 units on each side of the MH.
  • Sump: 40G Sump with fuge (mixture of live sand and fiji mud ... fuge light reverse cycle)
  • Skimmer: Euroreef CS8-2 with Sedra 5000 pump (gate valve has been modded)
  • Flow: 2x Vortech MP40w
  • MRC CR-1 Calcium Reactor
  • 2x Phosban Reactors (one with Carbon the other with RowaPhos)
  • Return Pump: Eheim 1262
  • JBJ Auto Top-Off (7 Gallon Reservoir)
  • APC Battery Backup

• Mixed Reef: SPS, LPS, Softies (although I seem to be leaning towards SPS again ... lol)

Aquarium parameters:
  • Brightwell's Neo Marine Salt, SG - 1.025-6, Nitrates - undetectable, Cal - 450ppm, Alk - 9dKH, Mag, 1300ppm, Temp - 79-81F, PH 8.1-2

Lighting schedule:
  • VHO: ON = 10:30am OFF = 9pm
  • MH: ON = 1pm OFF = 7pm
  • LED's (Moonlight): ON = 8am OFF = 1am
  • Fuge Light (LED's) Reverse Cycle 9pm-9am

Dosing:
  • Brightwell Aquatics MicroBater7
  • Vodka (80 Proof)
  • Brightwell Aquatics Reef Biofuel
  • Brightwell Aquatics Potassion
  • Brightwell Aquatics Neo Mag (Magnesium)
  • Brightwell Aquatics Reef Code A and B (Calc & Alk) - although I have a calcium reactor I keep these on hands at all times.
  • Brightwell Aquatics KoralColor
  • Brightwell Aquatics Restor
  • Brightwell Aquatics Lugol's Solution
  • Brightwell Aquatics CoralAmino
  • Korallen-Zucht Amino Acids
  • Kent Tech M Magnesium
  • Two little Fishies Kalkwasser

Feeding (fish and corals):
  • Brightwell Aquatics Zooplanktos-S - Zooplankton (small) 50-300 micron
  • Reef Nutrition Oysterfeast, Phytofeast and Arctipods
  • Ocean Nutrition Formula Two Pellets
  • New Life Spectrum Pellets
  • Rod's Food
  • Hikari Mysis Shrimp
  • Cyclopeeze

P7170008.jpg

P7170009.jpg

P7170010.jpg

P8030020.jpg

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
Hey thanks for selling me the tank David. Cant wait till i get mine up and running now but thats not gonna be till after i come back from vacation dont need now crashes while im gone so.your set up is really nice keep it up. So is the one you sold me. Are you gonna be home for the rest of the week let me know when its done so we can arrange to pick up

sakura51707

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
6" Xtra=More Corals
More Corals=Retail Therapy
Retail Therapy=Happy GF :D

I have yet to seen this tank, filled up, in person...No Joke. Been so busy with work BUT it looks amazing!! Keep up the great work, Darling!!

AND

Amen to a successful tank transfer!!

mckostya

Lovin', is what I got.
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
nice purple sps in the middle. i saw it in Michael's tank, its from him right?! yeah i think so. i wanted it so badly but he said you asked first haha
i like the aqua scape btw

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Very nice indeed David!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love the aqua scaping. I bet it is 1000X better in person as we know some of our pics do not do our tanks any justice what so ever......;)

BTW, you did an awesome job in cleaning up that baby.;)

396.gif

DCG1286

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
181   0   0
Thanks everyone!!! The tank came together very nicely ... I managed to somehow redo the plumbing (changing the bulkheads etc.etc.) myself ... AND ... with NO leaks ;) ... I am terrible at the technical work like that ... but it seems to have come out really well. Well scratch that ... I did have Jrobbins lending a hand. Thanks Jon!

sakura51707

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
Well scratch that ... I did have Jrobbins lending a hand. Thanks Jon!

eh hem....Eh hem....EH HEM!! :tongue1:
What?! Does emotional support not count and by emotional support I mean, sitting on the window sill with a cup of coffee, talking to a girlfriend and describing to her how you guys are about to kill yourselves with a 1 million pound tank?! I think that deserves a bit of gratitude :tongueani

Last edited:

tomtoothdoc

GOLFER WANNABE
Rating - 100%
390   0   0
eh hem....Eh hem....EH HEM!! :tongue1:
What?! Does emotional support not count and by emotional support I mean, sitting on the window sill with a cup of coffee, talking to a girlfriend and describing to her how you guys are about to kill yourselves with a 1 million pound tank?! I think that deserves a bit of gratitude :tongueani

uh...oh..david...she's demanding attention again.....women, can't reef with them....can't reef without them....lol.

DCG1286

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
181   0   0
uh...oh..david...she's demanding attention again.....women, can't reef with them....can't reef without them....lol.

LmAO!!! You are way tooooooo funny Tom ... it's soooooo true ... at least she loves the fish tank ... so I can't really complain ;)

It was a pleasure to see you again last night ... you are welcome any time ;)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: