bubbles4

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
First reef tank, been up and running since mid April, starting to see some progress. I am currently running chemipure elite and filter floss with no protein skimmer. Stock pump and lighting with the addition of a koralia nano. Light upgrade desperately needed if anyone has suggestions. (thinking sunpod)

Fishys etc.:
6 line wrasee
Pair percula clowns
emerald crab
peppermint shrimp

Corals:
various zoa/paly (Jokers, the ring, green bay packers, mean greens, eye of rah, green implosions, couple more nameless :lol: )
Daisy polyps
GSP
Green mushroom
6 ricordea florida
red blue favia
blue milli

CUC:
4 Turbo snails
3 Cerith snails
3 Scarlet hermits

hitchers:
mini brittle stars, bristle worms, several small bivalves (clams), flatworms, spirorbid worm, collinista snails, vermitid, limpets, chitons, and probably lots more :D
FTS.jpg

hermit on snail on frag stack
blahhhh.jpg

D1J8Z

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
throwing a MH on a 24 gallon tank that has corals that don't require high light seems to be a little bit of a waste IMO.

What lights do you have on there now?
Why do you feel you are in desperate need of new lights?
The corals look healthy.

bubbles4

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
i was under the impression the mili would require more lighting, and I would like to keep clams. Also, I am not satisfied with the colors of my zoas and think an upgrade in lighting would help. Right now I have the lighting that came with the 24 JBJ nano, which I think is 72 watts CF. Additional LEDs for night viewing would be a plus as well, since the 2 I have currently don't do much.

throwing a MH on a 24 gallon tank that has corals that don't require high light seems to be a little bit of a waste IMO.

What lights do you have on there now?
Why do you feel you are in desperate need of new lights?
The corals look healthy.

bubbles4

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
added: a few more zoas, sea whip, yellow gorgonian, tri color acro, green birdsnest, 9 nerite, 9 nasarius, 20 or so baby cerith.

some updated pictures

FTS.jpg

zoas.jpg

bubbles4

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Nice nano, I have the same one, I have the CF light for more than a year I have great coral growth.

do you have a tank thread? would like to check it out. :bablefish I definitely have seen noticeable growth in everything just want to really get the colors to pop and am starting to get into SPS. Figured more light would speed up growth even more! Really just want to upgrade light to be able to do sunrise/sunset with seperate lighting. Add a few more LEDS for better night viewing, and finally get away from not being able to use them when my main lights are on a timer. :irked:

bubbles4

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
it is such a pretty tank. Keep up the amazing work

thanks a lot for all the kind words! any suggestions are always appreciated. still working on the hair algae/cyano issues. but im hoping once the mp10 gets here the extra flow will help out (and the new snail additions)

Solace Aquatics LLC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
A Sunpod is a great addition to a Nano, you also might want to consider the Current USA Sundial Pendant which has 150 Watt DE MH bulb and 2 PCs for dawn to dusk.

If you do intend on adding more SPS and Clams, I would sure go for the upgrade.

The tank looks great, keep up the good work!

bubbles4

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
thanks a lot! the sundial pendant looks like it would work out perfectly for me! has anyone tried one of these on the jbj 24?

A Sunpod is a great addition to a Nano, you also might want to consider the Current USA Sundial Pendant which has 150 Watt DE MH bulb and 2 PCs for dawn to dusk.

If you do intend on adding more SPS and Clams, I would sure go for the upgrade.

The tank looks great, keep up the good work!

bubbles4

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
If you do decide to upgrade your lighting, MAKE SURE you acclimate the livestock gradually.

thanks for the advice, def. plan on slowly acclimating! is there a right way to do this? is gradually raising the intensity the way to go(maybe start the new lighting further from tank) or simply introduce the new lighting for a short period of time to start and gradually get to the full day?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: