Macropora

Zoa Echino Aficionado
Rating - 100%
725   0   0
Hello all,
Its been too long since I updated my thread. I had many ups and downs over the past year and was supposed to move as well. However, the move did not happen so I decided to re-build my whole sump/life support system as well as add another tank to the system. I am now in the process of adding the corals that made it back into the system. There is a lot more to the system but this video gives you the general broad strokes of it.

http://s196.photobucket.com/albums/aa122/thanegevas/Video Log/

Great video and what a system! Everything is so organized.

mshur

Rating - 99.3%
294   2   1
hey bud,
looks great bro... i really like how everything set up, nice and clean. i might wanna come over to see in person soon:) before i start setting up my future fish room..
well done!!!

Macropora

Zoa Echino Aficionado
Rating - 100%
725   0   0
Never seen an MTC Pro-Cal like that before. Is that one of there newer designs? Your sump is bigger than my entire system, lol. Water changes gravity feed in an instant. Probably takes you less than an hour. The key is making those water changes regularly and cleaning those filter socks. Impressive!!!

ClosetFishGeek

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
114   0   0
Never seen an MTC Pro-Cal like that before. Is that one of there newer designs? Your sump is bigger than my entire system, lol. Water changes gravity feed in an instant. Probably takes you less than an hour. The key is making those water changes regularly and cleaning those filter socks. Impressive!!!

Thanks, I couldnt agree more. One of the reasons for my failure in the past was everything was a pain to service and maintain. This was laid out for ease and speed. The socks last about a 3 weeks to a month before having to change them out. The calcium reactor, they make these as per Mike from Long Island Aquatics for very large systems. I have always liked MTC and this is way oversized for my system but I figured buy it once and not worry. Had the Pro-cal before and loved it. This one holds close to 90lbs of media. A tad bitt overkill. They also have some interesting changes on this unit. Easier breakdown, a nice purge system and a couple bells and whistles that I am currently not using. As for the water change a 10% water change(138 gallons) takes under 10 minutes. A mag 24 takes water out and than I gravity drain to refill... Now if I can get my corals to look like yours....:smile:

Macropora

Zoa Echino Aficionado
Rating - 100%
725   0   0
Thanks, I couldnt agree more. One of the reasons for my failure in the past was everything was a pain to service and maintain. This was laid out for ease and speed. The socks last about a 3 weeks to a month before having to change them out. The calcium reactor, they make these as per Mike from Long Island Aquatics for very large systems. I have always liked MTC and this is way oversized for my system but I figured buy it once and not worry. Had the Pro-cal before and loved it. This one holds close to 90lbs of media. A tad bitt overkill. They also have some interesting changes on this unit. Easier breakdown, a nice purge system and a couple bells and whistles that I am currently not using. As for the water change a 10% water change(138 gallons) takes under 10 minutes. A mag 24 takes water out and than I gravity drain to refill... Now if I can get my corals to look like yours....:smile:

It takes me about an hour to perform bi-monthly 105 gallon water changes using a Mag 7 pump to pump the water out and an Iwaki 55 RLT to pump it back in. Not gravity feed like yours, lol. I need a stronger pump to get it down to 10 minutes! 90 lbs of media is the biggest I've seen in a calcium reactor and should last you a long time. Now if I only had a garage, I can get my tanks to look like yours... :scratchch

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: