Domboski

No Coral Here
Rating - 100%
237   0   0
You know... it's funny I was JUST looking at a Christmas wrasse. I will get one this week. I got a few questions for those with experience.

Current Livestock:

1 Small Blue Hippo Tang
1 Small Sailfin Tang
1 Pink Anthias
2 False Percs
1 Firefish Goby
1 Green Chromis-- will be adding 5 more this Friday.
1 Yellow (not so yellow anymore) watchman goby--- I want to buy him a mate... but not sure how to pick any ideas?

1 Flame Angel-- Dom, can I add one of your Potter's Angels or an African Flameback Angel with this guy? He seemed pretty mellow when the tank I got him from had like 4 other flame angels.

1 Peppermint Shrimp-- will be adding 2 more if I can get to Manhattan Aquariums this weekend
1 Cleaner Shrimp... will be adding a mate for him soon

Future Potential Livestock:
1. Male flasher wrasse
2. Red Head Solon fairy wrasse
3. 3 Small Yellow Tangs (maybe)
4. Potter's Angel... if possible.
6. Anthias triplet (Lyretail)

You'll probably have to re-home the tangs when they get larger. IMO, two angels in a 72 gallon carries a lot of risk. I wouldn't do it but do not have any personal experience to reference.

aznt1217

Forever Noob
Rating - 100%
191   0   0
Interesting. Yea I know I'll have to rehome the tangs in the future. That's why I got them tiny :P. I don't mind doing it either.

I really love those angels. My best shot would've been to do it when I first set up the tank. This flame angel seems REALLY mellow... I probably won't go through with it lol.

To Chanman's comment. Yea at my prime I had 25 fishes and they were all well and happy! Then.... I went to the bahamas for a month and a half to study marine biology... going away for that long + a reef tank = NO GOOD!

aznt1217

Forever Noob
Rating - 100%
191   0   0
Thanks a lot Awibrandy :). Well after getting my stuff in order. AKA removing hermit crabs that knock everything over... .and getting over a yellow tang death. Here are some pictures! I just scraped the glass hehe.

ONLY GOING TO ADD a few more FISH!!! (some of which some people will hang me).
--exchanging my Sri Lankan Christmas Wrasse for a Fiji one.
--Royal Gramma
--The Pink anthias (rare) will be coming out. I will be getting a trio of bartlett anthias when my finances allow me to.
-- The last fish.... mystery... because I know some MR members will murder me lol.

Added quite a few corals and redid some of the rocks. The island look wasn't working for me. I need caves and bridges.

FTS
DSC_0693.jpg

Zoa Garden in the middle (still working on it). I have glue and will be mounting them around soon.
DSC_0694.jpg

Euphyllia side of the tank. I lost a newly acquired freakin frogspawn-- was fragged incorrectly (not my fault) -_-. Will try again.
DSC_0695.jpg

The softies/mushroom/easy sps side of the tank.
DSC_0696.jpg

aznt1217

Forever Noob
Rating - 100%
191   0   0
HERE'S MY UPDATE :).
.... Yea I wish a 155 Bow. Believe me if I moved into a house with a basement I'd probably go with a 200+ (granted I'd have to save many pennies).

- Reaquascaped the right side of the tank!
-Added even more frags I cannot count lol.
-Most importantly... MORE FISH!!! lol
- Also.... very very near future projects where I have some pretty unique ideas lol.

FTS-1.jpg

Full Tank Shot
Frog2.jpg

Frogspawns
Frogspawns.jpg

More frogspawn
Leftside-1.jpg

Left side of tank.
SolomonTorch.jpg

Solomon Islands Torch coral!!! Crazy piece, 21 heads!!!
goni.jpg

Pink Goniopora with Zoos
hammer1.jpg

Hammer
hammer2.jpg

Three head hammer
torch1.jpg

Torch!!!
torch2.jpg

Another Torch!!!
zoas1.jpg

Zoa Garden!!! parts of it at least. I really had to move stuff around
DSC_0695-1.jpg

Hawkfish
DSC_0700.jpg

Fireeee lol
lemons.jpg

I call him Lemons :splitspin
DSC_0701.jpg

I always have to take a picture of her lol

Work in progressssss
tank1.jpg

tank2.jpg

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: