aznt1217

Forever Noob
Rating - 100%
191   0   0
Hello All,

This will kind be a log of my whole history with this hobby so far. Long THREAD

I started July of 2008 with a 14 Gallon Biocube promising myself and 6 Gallon Eclipse.... to not go into bigger tanks. :irked:

DSC_04362.jpg

photo-4.jpg

Of Course, I am totally full of it. 2 Months later I bought the 54 Corner tank from JLAudio. Absolutely fantastic set up!
FTS.jpg

n16404339_33208565_5867417.jpg

Then I started to add more tanks, which I broke down shortly after setting up.
40 Breeder

DSC00865.jpg

55 Gallon Standard size
5177_571035528225_16404339_33544068_4496875_n.jpg

Well Finally to the Final Upgrade ... till I get a house and have enough money

Credit goes to Domboski, Chemchef, Lazyreefer, BoostFeen, Chanman, JLAudio for helping me with advice/setting up/equipment.

The Goal is to have an open space structure so my fish can swim and so that I can find them lol. Tank has been up and running for 2 days and I used 75% of my 54 Gallon Corner tank water into this tank.

Equipment List:
72 Bow Corner Flow Reef Ready Tank
Black Stand
Glass Canopy
8 Bulb Tek Light
Mag 7 Return pump
Octopus MSX 160 Extreme Skimmer
Aquaripure XL Denitrator
Vortech MP20
20 Gallon Sump w/ Refugium and LR Rubble
Chemipure Elite (Soon to be paired up with Purigen

Empty Tank and Stand from Dom:
DSC_0662.jpg

Sump Setup
DSC_0663.jpg

Woohoo Vortech
DSC_0665.jpg

Plumbing Setup:
DSC_0664.jpg

and Finally... the full tank shot! Of course I am going to stock up steadily and will update this thread.
DSC_0666.jpg

DSC_0667.jpg

DSC_0668.jpg

Thanks for reading! :splitspin

aznt1217

Forever Noob
Rating - 100%
191   0   0
I refuse to look at any tank bigger only because it will temp me. I live on the second floor so I would prefer to keep my floor :P.

Dom... that's what I get for being overeager. I saw the nylon tape come out a bit and was like bah it'll be fine... GUESS NOT -_-.

CHEMCHEF

PERMANOOB
Rating - 100%
79   0   0
What Leak??? What Did I Miss?

I refuse to look at any tank bigger only because it will temp me. I live on the second floor so I would prefer to keep my floor :P.

Dom... that's what I get for being overeager. I saw the nylon tape come out a bit and was like bah it'll be fine... GUESS NOT -_-.

aznt1217

Forever Noob
Rating - 100%
191   0   0
It was a tiny leak in my return line due to my rushing to set the tank up (nylon tape on a PVC Coupling got loose so it left a gap in the threading between the hose barb so a few drops come out). I got another thread up on it.

aznt1217

Forever Noob
Rating - 100%
191   0   0
You know... it's funny I was JUST looking at a Christmas wrasse. I will get one this week. I got a few questions for those with experience.

Current Livestock:

1 Small Blue Hippo Tang
1 Small Sailfin Tang
1 Pink Anthias
2 False Percs
1 Firefish Goby
1 Green Chromis-- will be adding 5 more this Friday.
1 Yellow (not so yellow anymore) watchman goby--- I want to buy him a mate... but not sure how to pick any ideas?

1 Flame Angel-- Dom, can I add one of your Potter's Angels or an African Flameback Angel with this guy? He seemed pretty mellow when the tank I got him from had like 4 other flame angels.

1 Peppermint Shrimp-- will be adding 2 more if I can get to Manhattan Aquariums this weekend
1 Cleaner Shrimp... will be adding a mate for him soon

Future Potential Livestock:
1. Male flasher wrasse
2. Red Head Solon fairy wrasse
3. 3 Small Yellow Tangs (maybe)
4. Potter's Angel... if possible.
6. Anthias triplet (Lyretail)

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: