NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
Rick old fasion maintaince and hard work make the tank happy. missing a water change or here an there ok fine. Just test and keep up with water changes and al that and it will be fine.

I just dose mb7 and bio fule.

thats azz backwards, reffering to good ole water changes ect but you still are using a carbon source and bacteria source, not trying to be funny, but brightwell gives a guestimate on amounts to use, so anyone using this method is taking the same chance as the pellets. i am not saying it cant be the pellets. i went through a issue like this myself and banged a hole ion the wall with my head trying to figure it out only to figure out couple grand later it was my salt. there's alot more variables that come into play when dosing anything or using any product,

pauli me and another member on here have had conversations in reguards to this also when i was going through my issue, bringing in corals from around the world and all going into 1 system, different needs, different bacteria's ect. was a good article on chalices when they hit the craze and after people had started collecting one's from australia and noticing other chalices started receding. and one guy had went to treat for redbugs and after treatment the tissue had stopped receding on his chalices. wasnt the reason for the treatment, but others had started doing redbug treatment and had the same positive effect on their chalices.

Last edited:

JARRETT SHARK

Addicted to coral
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
tank is crashing real fast today and i am going nuts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Just did another 50 gal WC
Removed half the bio pellets today
Poly pad shows nothing???
Alk = 9.0
calcuim = 450
mag = 1480
PH = 7.9-8.1
started to dose kalk at 250ML a hour to keep ph higher
lost 2 more colonies but was able to frag them up before it was to late
I think i have to break this tank down and start over, something very weird is going on that i cant control and is looking like sh@t......................
Need to find all this sps a home before its to late
Only thing that looks good is all my LPS/softies

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
i know i am not close but if you need some stuff held lmk, also jarret is there any equipt you bought used thats on the tank or others who have access to your office ?

batt600

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 90%
27   3   0
Didnt you switch lighting to 250w to 400w and sold the light because your coral didnt react to well to the change ?. I think you shocked the sps corals . If you didnt accumulate your corals to that light then this is why every sps is dying .

InfernoST

"H" Division
Rating - 100%
46   0   0
Jarrett sorry to hear about your problem, if there is anything I can do to help LMK. Did you add your frag tanks to the system, if so did this start after the addition? Just a thought.

JARRETT SHARK

Addicted to coral
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Matt i have no enemies in my office, everyone loves the tank

the more i think about it the more it makes sense to me. I been running these bio pellets for 4-5 months and its been doing its job very well and i and most people were never told what you have to do to after the pellets kick in months later. I always under feed and this caused my tank to starve in the water column, also this past month i upgraded my sump volume and added a huge frag tank to my set causing me to add more water to my stem(250gals more). I did not add all at once but have been adding over past 2-4 weeks slowly like if i was doing water changes, i think that the pellets got my tank so clean and by me adding all that water i pretty much water down what was in my water column causing everthing to either starve or even start over. I see all my lps open all day and night causing me to beleive what i just said is true, know some people love the pellets but i think they just got ahead of me to far
i did not have any spike in ammonia,nitrite,salinity.
Yes my temp did get to 71degs one day after my controller blew i a fuse when i did not know but i realy dont think this was the cause because its still happening to new colonies,
i did up grade from (2) of the (3)bulbs 250w-400w for 1 week but cut my photo period down and if this was the problem i would of seen burned sps. Went back to to 250w and during this time no rtn

josh my salinity is 1.025 steady
temp 77-78 all day long
FISH AND SOFT CORAL ARE GREAT

the moral of the story is to feed heavy with pellets!!

Last edited:

Mattl22

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
98   0   0
Sorry that was a stupid question ! A few weeks ago my pump went on my skimmer so I stopped vodka dosing my glass needs to be cleaned more but never went back to dosing because my corals seem happier more polyp ext

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: