chinatown

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
here's what I would do in your case. I would siphon out all the cyano on the sandbed, dose some microbacter7 or special blend,(same thing) and then turn the lights off for 1 whole day and see if it comes back. I don't think 1 day of no lights would hurt the SPS.

CONSTANTNE

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
8 months of growth.

Top down shot - top down box = not so good pics

BOP02-27.jpg

BOP10-28.jpg

Hawkin02-27.jpg

Hawkins10-28.jpg

CONSTANTNE

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Any results on taking pellets off?

Very good question! No results as far as corals go. The cyano/diatoms are still here. Not sure if dosing MB7 or biofuel will help rid of them. I do notice my glass gets dirty faster now. I put some GFO in the reactor for now. I might try out pellets in the future when there are better reactors, pellets, and guidelines with using them. I just cant deal with worrying about flow, tumbling, amount of pellets, diatoms/cyano, etc.

All in all im still undecided on them.

evoIX_Reefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
i just dealt with red cyano and the cure? AWESOMENESS....kill lights for 3 days. dark period works wonders. It killed atleast 80% and siphoned the rest. It doesn't necessarily mean it is gone for good since it's more than likely my ro/di pushing 0.001ppm. So you can possibly get rid of it for now but it will come back if you don't get rid of the cause.

T

THEDLO

Rating - 96.7%
88   3   0
i just dealt with red cyano and the cure? AWESOMENESS....kill lights for 3 days. dark period works wonders. It killed atleast 80% and siphoned the rest. It doesn't necessarily mean it is gone for good since it's more than likely my ro/di pushing 0.001ppm. So you can possibly get rid of it for now but it will come back if you don't get rid of the cause.
this method is bad for acro corals, theyll loose color, and possibly die.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: