Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Scoly.jpg

CONSTANTNE

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Im about to pull the plug on these bio-beads. My whole sandbed is covered with cyano every day. Tested nitrates today with a Salifert and its around .2-.5 and hanna phosphate meter says 0. Thinking of going back to just MB7 and Biofuel.

My montis arent looking to great either but I dont know if its because I added an mp10 or changed out my carbon. Oh and my scoly is looking a little off. Has spots with these white strings. Happened a month ago but recovered.

R

Robby

Rating - 96.7%
88   3   0
Tank looks amazing.
Thats an awesome ammount of growth in 7 months.

I just ordered my ATI Sunpower 6x39w T5 fixture but i havent bought bulbs yet. Your setting looks great and seems to be working very well for you.

If you dont mind me asking, which bulbs are you using?

CONSTANTNE

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Tank looks amazing.
Thats an awesome ammount of growth in 7 months.

I just ordered my ATI Sunpower 6x39w T5 fixture but i havent bought bulbs yet. Your setting looks great and seems to be working very well for you.

If you dont mind me asking, which bulbs are you using?

Thank you!

You wont be dissapointed with the Sunpower. Right now im using:

Blue+
UVL Super Actinic
Blue+
Fiji Purple
Blue+
Blue+

Before this I was using 4 blue+, fiji purple, & aquablue special which was nice too.

CONSTANTNE

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Hay CONSTANTNE what up how its going . Is it getting better or worse ?.

Hey Batt still no difference. I can tell I dont need to clean glass that often but cyano comes every day and then goes away at night. Maybe I will get a video up of my reactor showing the amount and tumble. Also checked nitrates with Salifert and was around .2-.5

I have cut feeding down a lot and stopped any amino acid or related dosing and does not make a difference. Thats why I believe its from the pellets. I think its carbon dosing related because when I was doing MB7 and Biofuel I would get patches of cyano if I overdosed.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: