batt600

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 90%
27   3   0
Hey Batt still no difference. I can tell I dont need to clean glass that often but cyano comes every day and then goes away at night. Maybe I will get a video up of my reactor showing the amount and tumble. Also checked nitrates with Salifert and was around .2-.5

I have cut feeding down a lot and stopped any amino acid or related dosing and does not make a difference. Thats why I believe its from the pellets. I think its carbon dosing related because when I was doing MB7 and Biofuel I would get patches of cyano if I overdosed.

I dont think you have cyano . Cyano doent go away at night you have a biofilm problem look like cyano but only come about when light are on . This is from over dosing or over feeding or to long of a light period. And it any forms on the sand no were else.

CONSTANTNE

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I dont think you have cyano . Cyano doent go away at night you have a biofilm problem look like cyano but only come about when light are on . This is from over dosing or over feeding or to long of a light period. And it any forms on the sand no were else.

Yea its only on the sandbed. I tried cutting back lighting period but it forms so fast doesnt matter. Should I try removing more pellets or close valve on reactor a little? Not sure what to try.

chinatown

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
actually, Cyano does go away at night because there's no light source. And yea, if you OD on the vodka, cyano will feed off it if there isn't enough beneficial bacteria to compete, such as MB7. What I would do is to dose a little more of the MB7 and cut out the vodka completely for a week and see how things go.

I had cyano a while ago and what I did was did a complete black out for 3 days straight and then started with just MB7 for 2 weeks and then added in the vodka and Vitamin C. Haven't seen cyano ever since.

anthony27

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 96.7%
88   3   0
it is cyano on the sand bed it comes up in clumps and it feedin off of the po4 in teh rocks and the dosing. I am going to cut back the dosing to once a week and see from there.

Guss I know what you mean I have the same thing like little tumble weeds in the tank

CONSTANTNE

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
This is what I deal with every day!

IMG_3167.jpg

CONSTANTNE

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I could never get myself to go bare bottom. It's the pellets only way to find out is to take it offline but I don't want to give up yet. Wonder if using either mb7 or biofuel would stop cyano.

Sent from my iPhone using Reefs

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: