Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
awi tank looks great.... :) great job

time to change those socks :eek: lol

Thank you Tony!:hug:

Those socks were in place one day.LOL Yup, they got dirty fast due to all the muck that got released from the sand when the rocks were removed, and placed back in.yuckkkkkkkk

As to your other question of;
"how come you didnt add a bubble baffles in the sump it looks from the pic that you had extra space and you wouldnt have to use that foam."
Simple answer would be I didn't know what I was doing, and didn't install the baffles properly.:banghead: I reversed the last 2 baffles before the returns. I put the taller 1 just before the returns, and the shorter 1 before that 1 right after the skimmer. Then I squeezed another taller 1 between those to, but still got the bubbles, so I added the foam blocks. But I am still getting micro-bubbles in the DT. It's a mess, and I don't think it can be fixed so I think I just have to start all over with either a new sump or a tank.:sigh:

Rating - 100%
227   0   0
But I am still getting micro-bubbles in the DT. It's a mess, and I don't think it can be fixed so I think I just have to start all over with either a new sump or a tank.:sigh:

is the water cascading or waterfalling over baffle? would it help to increase water in the last compartment so the pump doesn't vortex air or decrease rate of water return to decrease the waterfall effect creating the bubbles. i think richie can help with the correct baffle heights. :scratch:

howze01

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Really nice! I like the arch in the "another angle of the center" pic. That Elegance is pretty impressive too!

What's the fish in the first pic right by the Flame Angel? Looks a lot like a Blue Girdled Angel. One of my favorite fish but not very reef safe is it?

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Doug, I raised the water level in the return compartment. I have managed to make them darn close to gone, but I still see a minute amount of them. Could be that I am imagining them as hubby says.LOL It is pretty clear, perhaps it is just my perfectionist persona coming out again.:shocked: Thought I had gotten rid of that other side of me a few years back.:irked:

Really nice! I like the arch in the "another angle of the center" pic. That Elegance is pretty impressive too!

What's the fish in the first pic right by the Flame Angel? Looks a lot like a Blue Girdled Angel. One of my favorite fish but not very reef safe is it?
Thank you for the compliment, it means a lot.

If you are talking about the fish in the FTS it is a sailfin tang.:) I do have a Majestic Angel(Pomacanthus navarchus) as well as the Flame Angel(Centropyge Loriculus) in the pic, and yes they are reported to be non reef safe. So far they are both well behaved in my tank, but even if they weren't they would still be in my tank. I happen to love those two that much!!

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
The micro bubbles looks as if they're coming out of the skimmer. You should check and see if there's a hight requirement for your skimmer. Because to me, it seems like it needs to come up a bit. :goldfish2

Thank you Pauli, you are right about the bubbles coming from the skimmer as well as from the water fall over the last divider.
I raised the water level in the return section, and no longer have the bubbles in the tank. Except from when I shut down the returns during feeding, then when I turn them back on there is a gush of bubbles that enter the tank.:irked:

I will raise the skimmer as soon as I can.:wink1: Always on the run around here.:irked:

On a side note; All the animals are looking amazing. I was so surprised that the only casualty in the switch was my green cap. Poor thing got all broken up, but there is still good amount of it still on the rock so I know it will grow right back.:happysad:

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Worked on the sump some more this afternoon. Raised the skimmer, and yes the monster bubble storm did dissipate quite a bit. I'd say they are 90% gone. Tried removing the foam sponges, but still got a small amount of micro bubbles in the DT so the sponges went back on.:sigh:
Will be replacing the egg crate stand with a better stabled one when I get more egg crate, or can come up with something better.:smile:

Attachments

• Reef 009.jpg
    Reef 009.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 161
  • Reef 010.jpg
    Reef 010.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 162

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
You have one amazing bow front tank ^_^ I can't wait till one day I upgrade a 150G. Btw what's your live stock at the moment?

Sorry it took me so long to answer your question Angelo.:redface:

Mixed reef inhabitants:

Fish

5 Tangs
Sailfin, Purple, Hippo, Kole, Yellow
1 Marine Betta
1 Majestic Angelfish
1 Niger Trigger
1 Flame Angelfish
1 Bengaii Cardinal
1 Royal Gramma
3 Wrasse
Mystery, 4 Line, Yellow Stripe Possum
1 Ocellaris Clownfish
2 Mandarin fish

If I could figure out a way to catch the Hippo I would love to replace it with a PBT.

Corals

Aussie elegance
2 Frogspawns
1 Branching Hammer
1 Wall Hammer
3 Types of Torch
3 Lobophyllias
2 Wellsolophyllias
1 Favia
3 Candycanes
5 Chalices
6 Acans
3 Blastos
1 Duncan
1 Dendro
3 Sunpolyps
Green caps
4 montiporas
14 or so SPS frags
1 Red mushroom
3 Brown mushrooms
1 Snake Polyp
Padua Neon Green Nepthea
Green Star Polyp rock.
Quite a few zoas

Inverts

4 Rainbow Bubble tip nems
1 Brittle starfish
1 Serpent starfish
couple hermits
couple nassarius snails
couple turbos

Last edited:

kay18321

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
thank you for the compliments guys! There have been a couple of ups & downs. The animals didn't appreciate the intruduction of the koralias consequently i lost just about every lps i had. The couple that survived have made a total recovery.:)
the last issue was this past april with a heater that burst killing 90% of my fish.;(

here's an fts taken last night. Hope you guys like it.
beautiful tank you have their :):):)

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
New additions
Sympodium from Reef's Creations
NewcoralsfromMACT034.jpg

Bubble Gum Chalice from Jerl77
2011endofyearreef043BubbleGumchalice.jpg

Oregon Mummy Eye from FaviaFreak
Reef012.jpg

SPS from Manhattan Aquariums
Strawberry Shortcake, Red Planet don't know what the other 2 are called.
NewcoralsfromMACT035.jpg
NewcoralsfromMACT037.jpg

NewcoralsfromMA040.jpg

NewcoralsfromMACT036.jpg

Lobo from Pet's Warehouse
NewcoralsfromPW.jpg

Watermelon Chalice from Coral Theory
NewPinkWatermelonChalicecoralfromCT033.jpg

Acans from Coral Theory to be posted once they get used to my lights, and open back up. I think my MH are to bright for them so they are closed up. Moved them into the shade.

Last edited:

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Latest update
No more getting away with just with weekly water changes. I had to start dosing Mag, Alk, and Calcium.
Started with the need of mag. supplement in Nov.,2011, Dec.,2011 moved up to ALK & Cal..
January 28, 2012 had to start dosing all 3 ~ mag, alk & cal.
Now as of February 12, 2012 to the 16th. I was dosing all three every evening. As of the 17th. I had to step it up to twice daily.
Mag 45ml, Cal 30ml., Alk 10ml
Trying to keep pars at the following numbers.
Mag 1350
Alk 8dkh
Cal 450

Really wish I hadn't sold my doser! After 4 yrs. I thought I'd never have to dose.:sigh:
Approaching the 5 year tank's birth....

Last edited:

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Nah Doug! Just added a few thirsty frags.LOL Plus all the coraline that was killed off when the tank was emptied for the stand switch is probably sucking it up too.;)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: