Wes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
here are a few pics the contractor took w/ descriptions while building. Note: The faming is not complete in the first pic and there is more framing inside the wall, i didnt get a pic before the new sheet rock went up.

2Framing1.jpg

3framing2.jpg

paintballe48

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Might want to put some kind of filter sock or mesh type sock on the drain pipes from the tank into the sump. Avoid micro bubbles being returned into the display... they can be a real pain. setups looking great tho!

Wes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
tank is filled up and running...sort of.

I still have more work to do but at least i have water sand and rocks in there...
I wanted a very open scape with plenty of swimming room for the fish. I like open aquascapes. I get better flow throughout the tank and I don't need to cover every inch of the tank w/ lighting...

I used 1/2" fiberglass rods to create pillars. I got this idea from Sanjay.

These pics were taken with the 1 x 80w ATI blue plus T5 HO. I have not hung the MH pendants yet.

IMG_1607.jpg

IMG_1620.jpg

IMG_1621.jpg

IMG_1622.jpg

Wes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Now that the tank is beginning to clear up. I am seeing some microbubbles getting into the display. I will try to fix this problem this weekend. Also, I need to Finish hanging the MH Pendants.

Also, I will add a few pieces of liverock to help seed the marco rocks during the cycle this weekend.

Wes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
noelskii said:
that looks nice!! are you gonna put some type of background so you don't see the rest of the garage from the inside?

Yes I have some black acrylic sheet ordered that will go on the sides and back. More expensive than paint but removable so I can see in from the garage when doing maintenance.

Thanks Jim.

This weekend we are supposed to get an ice storm and temps are supposed to get down into single digits. This will be a good worst case test to see how well temperature holds up. With the ice storm I might have the opportunity to fire up the new generator as well.

I am happy we are getting a winter storm this weekend. This gives me an opportunity to observe the tank during extreme winter weather prior to adding livestock. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Reefs

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: