Wes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
ok took a few more pics tonight.

This is Dan. He has been in the tank for about 10 days now. Very healthy and eating like a pig. He is almost 8" so i didnt want to stress him out in the small QT tank. He will be the only guy in the system for about a month or so to make sure he is nice and healthy. All newcomers will go through Quarantine.
IMG_1662.jpg

I decided to take the side panels off. Because of the reflection you cant see through the side walls from the living room. It allows me to get a good view of the tank from the platform.

Here is Dan eating from his new TLF "VeggieMag". This veggiemag is awesome. Just pull the magnet off and it floats to the top. I can refil the veggie clip w/out getting my hands wet. I love it!
IMG_1674.jpg

IMG_1673.jpg

And here are a couple guys in the QT.
IMG_1670.jpg

Progress will be slow going for a while as Fish go through the QT process. I'll probably wait a while before I move all of my corals over. I want to make sure the system is nice and established/stable before i risk moving my corals/clams.

Thanks for looking,

Wes

Wes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
pecan2phat said:
Wes,
Dan is a ______ tang?

okay, reading is fundamental :fishhit:
I just went back a page or two and saw that Dan is a Lou.

Fowleri Wes, Get a fowleri :)

Fowleris are awesome fish but they get BIG. Plus in an effort to keep the peace I am only choosing one from a genus. Dan will be the only Acanthurus.

Sent from my iPhone using Reefs

Wes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
cali_reef said:
It be hard to add another tang with a 8" waiting for a fight :fight2:

You running a full SPS or going with a mix bag of fruit stand like my cube?

I have read a few thing about tennentis saying they are big babies and should be the first tang added. Hopefully there is some truth to that.

Because of the limited availability of this fish, I jumped at the first opportunity to get a healthy one.

The tank will be mixed with a focus on SPS.

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
Tennentis are pretty tame. I've had mine for years with other large tangs, a bunch of Acanthurus, and never had a problem with it being aggressive or even the other tangs bothering it. They don't get as large as some of the other Acanthurus. Not sure that they're rare, they do seem to be available quite often.

Wes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I wouldn't say rare. But in the short time I have been looking they have not showed up on my LFS's list from the wholesaler.

Liveaquaria and othe online places were out of stock until this guy showed up in the diver's den. I wasn't sure when I would see another one so I jumped on it.

cali_reef

Fish and Coral Killer
Rating - 97.3%
36   1   0
I have read a few thing about tennentis saying they are big babies and should be the first tang added. Hopefully there is some truth to that.

Because of the limited availability of this fish, I jumped at the first opportunity to get a healthy one.

The tank will be mixed with a focus on SPS.

He\she will be helping making those stag frags:lol2:..

Wes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Yes, that was my justification for putting straight into the display without quarantine. So far so good.

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
They do a good job of QT their fish, and will actually they wouldn't ship a fish if it has a ripped fin. Then again I order a fish that they refused to ship because it had cauliflower diseases. They held it for almost two months, I had to shake some trees there to find out what was happening with the fish, it turns out they just wanted to make sure it was cured before they shipped it. Well I finally got it and within a week it had Cauliflower disease again.

ryangrieder

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
i have been reading this thread everyday for a month now. i must say this has been amazing so far. i am truely jealous. i cannnot wait to see this thing finished. actually i enjoy seeing the peice by peice. its like im there. haha. keep up the amazing job!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: