Wes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Ok it's been a while since I have updated so here are a few more pics.

I have the lumenbrights hung and tried to "hide" the cables as much as I could.

IMG_1637.jpg

IMG_1638.jpg

I ordered some black acy-lite sheets to go around the sides and back. Right now i have them held up w/ black tape. Eventually i might get some powerful magnets to make removal for maintenance easier.

IMG_1636.jpg

Also as you can see I have the QT system up and running.
IMG_1634.jpg

Wes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
The QT tank is a 30g breeder i got from a friend. It has been drilled so I didnt fill it up all the way. Also please disregard the unevenness. Next time i drain for a big water change ill try to shim it a bit.

IMG_1635.jpg

The QT system consists of
30g breeder
2x koralia 1's
1 large sponge filter w/ Rena Air pump
3 pieces of extra MarcoRock
200w heater.
AGA 36" flourescent light that came w/ my 65g tank. I never took it out of the box for years...Then i realized it was a perfect fit for this QT tank.

IMG_1639.jpg

The first additions.

10x blue/green chromis. Every fish will go through QT before entering the 250g. All fish will recieve Prazipro and Cupramine treatments during their time in QT.
IMG_1640.jpg

Wes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Maybe a piece of 3/4" plywood that's cut to the size of the tank? :lol2:

Lol yeah it's pretty far down there on the priority list. I also need to tint the garage windows. I don't need the DEA busting down the door. My house can be seen from miles away after the sun goes down.

ClosetFishGeek

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
114   0   0
Lol yeah it's pretty far down there on the priority list. I also need to tint the garage windows. I don't need the DEA busting down the door. My house can be seen from miles away after the sun goes down.

I wouldn't worry about them raiding our homes anymore. This used to be the case. Now they actually crosscheck your address with purchases to see if they are reptile or aquarium related ....:division:. Can't just go by thermal imaging anymore.....lol...

P.s.- Nice build by the way....very clean

Wes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Wes,

Just added one of these myself - majestic if you ask me - one of my favs in the captive environment.

Good luck with it.

House

Yes I am excited. He/She will arrive on Friday. I have wanted one for a long time but never had a tank large enough. Probably the only fish on my "must have" list for this tank.

Thanks,

Wes

Wes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
just got the power bill for the first month of the tank in service. It's $30 higher than normal. Not bad considering it has been the coldest winter in Raleigh in 30 years. I am sure the 1000w heater was on alot.

Dan the Lieutenant Tang arrived yesterday. He arrived in great shape. Very healthy and eating out of the box. This is my first Divers Den fish and I am very pleased. He is HUGE. I'll try to take some pics today.

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: