T

THEDLO

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
hey wes how annoying is coral placement considering ur tank is so deep? i want a beast tank but then id need a harness to hold me over the tank for maintenance and interventions lol

Wes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
It's not too bad. I pick out the spot I want then I use an acrylic top down viewing box to see what I am doing.

I debated making it accessible from the front. I decided not to do it because I wanted a clean picture framed look. I don't regret it at all. The less I have my hands in the tank moving stuff around, the better.

Sent from my iPhone using Reefs

Wes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Since I have room to walk around on the stand it's easy to bend over and reach anywhere in the tank

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
I just so happen to have a tank lit with a SE 400w ushio 14k and geissman actinics (2 actinic+ and 2 pure actinics) if you want a few shots I can get them up tomorrow night. It's also an SPS dominated tank, mostly ORA. I think it's my new favorite combo.

T

THEDLO

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Since I have room to walk around on the stand it's easy to bend over and reach anywhere in the tank

didnt notice that, cool. where did u order ur tank from?

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
So here are the shots. I wasn't going for quality as much as the spectrum of colors the bulbs can produce. I adjusted a little to try and represent the colors as they appear in person as best I could. IGNORE THE EGGCRATE it wasn't my idea.

Full shot with all the lights on (400w SE Ushio 14k with 2 each Geissman 24w actinic+ and pure actinic
fts_with_all_lights.jpg

close up for color
both_lights.jpg

just_halide.jpg

just_actinics.jpg

The actinic only pic is a little washed out but the colors are much better in person. I'm not hijacking, just posting the pics so you can see the bulb in action. Don't ask any questions or comment on the tank here please, I won't respond. Just about the bulbs.

Wes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
THEDLO said:
didnt notice that, cool. where did u order ur tank from?

I got it from a LFS here in Raleigh.

I just realized I forgot to take pics over the weekend. If was a busy weekend, I'll try to get some new pics soon.

Wes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
For Ca/Alk I use BRS 2-part dosed with a Litermeter 3.

I have been using GFO up until about a week ago. I ran out of GFO so I decided to give Biopellets a try.

So far the only noticeable difference is a bit of cyano. I am very skeptical of these Biopellets but if they work as advertised it could be cheaper than GFO. Only time will tell I guess.

Wes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Just got my frag/growout setup up and Running.

Equipment

20g L Aqueon Tank
Panworld 30PX-MD15 External Water Pump - 258gph
Ecotech MP10 ES
Evolution 3G 100w 14K LED Fixture
TheBlueGlow.com stackable frag rack
Black Eggcrate

Thank you Rich aka Reefsnob for drilling the holes
1" Drain
3/4" return
IMG_2092.jpg

IMG_2091.jpg

IMG_2090.jpg

IMG_2089.jpg

CHEMCHEF

PERMANOOB
Rating - 100%
79   0   0
So here are the shots. I wasn't going for quality as much as the spectrum of colors the bulbs can produce. I adjusted a little to try and represent the colors as they appear in person as best I could. IGNORE THE EGGCRATE it wasn't my idea.

Full shot with all the lights on (400w SE Ushio 14k with 2 each Geissman 24w actinic+ and pure actinic
fts_with_all_lights.jpg

close up for color
both_lights.jpg

just_halide.jpg

just_actinics.jpg

The actinic only pic is a little washed out but the colors are much better in person. I'm not hijacking, just posting the pics so you can see the bulb in action. Don't ask any questions or comment on the tank here please, I won't respond. Just about the bulbs.
This is the tank at Mutts & Butts in Merrick. No?

Wes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
There are 2. One for blue, one for white. On on each end( which is my only grievance). But not a big deal because it's a garage tank and I zip-tied them together to make them nice and neat.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: