E.intheC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
150   0   0
Has anyone removed the plastic overflow part in the first chamber of the sump? The part that holds the foam. My new JNS WS-1 doesn't fit in the second chamber but it will fit in the first if I remove that plastic.

CHEMCHEF

PERMANOOB
Rating - 100%
79   0   0
That's gonna be tough to remove. That Channel that holds the sponge goes all the way to the bottom of the plastic wall.
I can't imagine how you could cut that without removing the entire panel to do so.
It won't fit in the middle chamber?
It should be ok with an ato.

E.intheC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
150   0   0
Yeah it looks like a PITA man. Plus the tank is full and doing well so I don't want to drain it. I heard one guy snapped off the pieces of plastic in the 1st chamber but he hasn't been on RC in a while.

The skimmer won't fit in the second chamber. It's off by a small amount. Maybe a 1/4 inch.

viplok

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
hm.. i dont know how it will fit the first chamber and not the second, i believe second chamber have way more room than the first...:headache: you can easily trim the thing that holds the drip plate on the second chamber maybe that will make it fit?

CHEMCHEF

PERMANOOB
Rating - 100%
79   0   0
Yeah it looks like a PITA man. Plus the tank is full and doing well so I don't want to drain it. I heard one guy snapped off the pieces of plastic in the 1st chamber but he hasn't been on RC in a while.

The skimmer won't fit in the second chamber. It's off by a small amount. Maybe a 1/4 inch.

That's a drag man.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: