32   0   0
Heres mine sorry for the crappy pic its from my phone
61f92f7c-7a43-4baa.jpg

Sent from my DROID3 using Reefs

Djbetterly

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Anyone have any tips with microbubbles in a solana? I have a 9002 skimmer in 1st chamber, media basket in 2nd chamber with, in this order, filter floss, purigen, phosban, and chemipure elite. In the third chamber is the stock pump and my outlet for the ATO.

Any thoughts?

BFITZ06

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Here's some pics I cut a lot of stuff back and redid the rockwork and I now have 1 sol blue instead of the t5. The growth is amazing with the leds. I have a bit of red algae in the sand but it's clearing up, I was away and tank got over feed ImageUploadedByReefs1346897739.253771.jpg
ImageUploadedByReefs1346897768.963964.jpg
ImageUploadedByReefs1346897783.435658.jpg

BFITZ06

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Stock skimmer... Works really well for me but thinking of going with a aquaC. I got alittle bit of both(zoas/palys) up high in the tank

Djbetterly

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Nitrate battle

I have a 34G solana and I consistently have nitrates between 20-40ppm. I do 5-10G water change at least once a week and they still stay in that range.

I need some realistic advice on how to combat nitrates to consistently keep them lower. I know that since I don't have a sump they will never be zero but I would like them to be lower than they are.

I currently have next to no algae, I feed once a day. My chambers run as follows:

Chamber 1: tunze 9002 with cup mod
Chamber 2: filter floss, purigen, CPE, phosban, chaeto. (in that order top to bottom).
Chamber 3: ATO, heater, return pump.

Any help would be awesome!!

Thank you.

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Tunze 9002 skimmers are very weak. You have 2 choices. Either upgrade your systems ability to export waste by upgrading skimmer and increasing water change percentage, or reduce bio-load and feeding. You will need to do larger water changes initially to get the nitrates down.
FYI without a sump it is possible to have undetectable nitrates :)

Last edited:
Rating - 98.6%
73   1   0
Is it just the numbers that's bothering you or are you really "seeing" these nitrates? What test kits are you using? You said you don't have algae growing, so what's the problem? I believe chief has the nac QQ, but you might have to do a little bit of modding to fit it in the back chamber.

Djbetterly

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
It's the idea that the nitrates are high to be honest. I'm not seeing high amounts of algae, in fact I only have to clean the glass about once every three or four days and even at that point I can't see the algae direct on.

I think I'll look into a better skimmer. Eshopps just released a new nano skimmer that looks like it may fit without too much mod, but I can't be sure.

E.intheC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
150   0   0
They stopped making these tanks a few years ago, unfortunately. Well.. They stopped making the AIO versions of these tanks. The Solana threads dried up pretty soon after that.

I am hopefully picking one up on Saturday. I'm going to use a JBJ ATO for now, until I figure out what I'm doing for dosing, auto-water changes, etc.

Post a pic of your tank! Lets keep this thread alive.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: