JimmyR1rider

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Ok just a little update- I know no more corals but my mated pair of True Percs started being hosted, not hosting(was corrected last night lol) their anemone tonight and felt like putting a few pics of them:approve:
sdc10386l.jpg

sdc10387t.jpg

sdc10383p.jpg

Next time will have some new corals as well lol.

Last edited:

JimmyR1rider

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Figured Id give an update- I went up to see House today and picked up some of saltwatercritters-- well critters lol. Got an encrusting sunset montipora, 2 chalices, a blue and pink/purple ric, a branching octofrogspawn and a radiant wrasse. Here are the pics am happy the frogspawn opened up:
sdc10437e.jpg

sdc10427qj.jpg

sdc10436f.jpg

sdc10428f.jpg

sdc10430z.jpg

sdc10435.jpg

sdc10432m.jpg

Sorry always have to slip one with the clowns in lol
sdc10440.jpg

sdc10444n.jpg

sdc10442dv.jpg

Hope you enjoyed the pics, am happy to be finally adding some more corals

Last edited:

JimmyR1rider

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Thanks everyone.

Andy they were under 250 halides- same as I have I will move them around and see where they look the best and are happiest, but thanks for the tip any info that will keep them best I appreciate.

Keith No I have 2 250's- bought 2 400's originally- BIG mistake thought bigger was better but soon realized WRONG!! lol so I downgraded to 250's before I bought any of my corals or the anemone I have, plus wanted to let the tank be as healthy as I could before adding anything else. I will post pics of my sump Keith

Awi, any time you wanna carpool if your on long island Im always up for a trip up there to get something lol And thanks well I heard this little rumor that.......I believe it goes that patience is the key to this hobby? lol I just realized your in Rockaway I pretty much pass you going there- if you ever want a ride if IM goin up would have no problem swingin by so the whole 2 birds with 1 stone thing can occur:scratch:

jaa I dont have a fixture. Theyre seperate IceCap pendants that I framed as best I could being about as good a carpenter as I am a Swiss watchmaker into my canopy

Thanks DCG- compliments coming from you- and others that have commented mean ALOT with the tanks you guys keep. I wasnt going to get another fish but when I saw him I couldnt hold back. Havent added anything in over a month so I said BAGGEM UP! lol

Last edited:

DCG1286

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
181   0   0
Thanks everyone.
Thanks DCG- compliments coming from you- and others that have commented mean ALOT with the tanks you guys keep. I wasnt going to get another fish but when I saw him I couldnt hold back. Havent added anything in over a month so I said BAGGEM UP! lol

A WHOLE MONTH?! That's more discipline then I have. Oh I like that fish ... and that fish ... and maybe I should stop ... but ... I CAN'T!!! :( I decided to put the more $$$ fish on my to buy list to prevent me from spending money on anything else. Makes me think twice ... ... ... ... ... sometimes.

Also ... if you ever make it to Queens (Auburndale/Bayside) ... I have some Orange, Red, Green Monti Caps (and the thicker version Montipora Hodgsoni) if you are interested. :)

Last edited:

JimmyR1rider

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
A WHOLE MONTH?! That's more discipline then I have. Oh I like that fish ... and that fish ... and maybe I should stop ... but ... I CAN'T!!! :( I decided to put the more $$$ fish on my to buy list to prevent me from spending money on anything else. Makes me think twice ... ... ... ... ... sometimes.

Also ... if you ever make it to Queens (Auburndale/Bayside) ... I have some Orange, Red, Green Monti Caps (and the thicker version Montipora Hodgsoni) if you are interested. :)

LMAO!!! I know I had to practically hook myself up to a zapper to keep from impulse buying PLENTY OF TIMES!!! Thats usually when I call and bother Russ and Jim and drive them crazy for a few and then am able to hold off a little while more.

Awesome I LOVE montis my favortie type of corals- will definately take you up on that in the near future, and if anwhere along my updates you see soemthing you want let me know and when I frag will put aside for you, although your tank is stunning as is.:splitspin

DCG1286

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
181   0   0
LMAO!!! I know I had to practically hook myself up to a zapper to keep from impulse buying PLENTY OF TIMES!!! Thats usually when I call and bother Russ and Jim and drive them crazy for a few and then am able to hold off a little while more.

Awesome I LOVE montis my favortie type of corals- will definately take you up on that in the near future, and if anwhere along my updates you see soemthing you want let me know and when I frag will put aside for you, although your tank is stunning as is.:splitspin

That's what Jim and Russ are for! ;)

For sure my friend, whenever you get a chance to come and check out the tank, you will leave a very happy man. lol.
Just need to spend my evening setting up this new CA reactor. I should have gone with a dual chamber unit right from the beginning.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: