ReeferGoneMad

I Smoke Live Rocks
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Coralline grows based upon how high and stable the calcium and alkalinity levels. tanks that ive seen with close to or above NSW levels are usually the purplest. It also favors very random consistent flow which is why the purple is in high flow areas alot of times. But no matter what i do i can never get branching versions to really go anywhere lol.

Look how pretty

Attachments

• bossiella580.jpg
    bossiella580.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 154
Last edited:

JimmyR1rider

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Thanks Rick-- yeah I feel the same way. I cycled it with 115 lbs. in it. Was WAY too much! Was a wall of rock and was too dense with no way for water to flow through to the back of the tank, so I gave 40-45 pounds to a buddy that needed it for his 150- and he in return nice guy that he is hooked me up with both the RBTA and my pagoda cup.

Last edited:

tomtoothdoc

GOLFER WANNABE
Rating - 100%
390   0   0
hey jimmy,
nice tank....it's too freaking clean though....lol. couldn't sleep so finally read the whole 13 pages of you thread.
just one thing....what were you thinking with 2x400 on a 65....lol.
i see you don't have any acan...want one? i'm going to be getting rid of some acan frags...really cheap like just come pick up cheap......lol. i'm done with acan. lmk.

daisy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Jimmy - the tank looks really lovely. You keep it so clean! It will be interesting to watch it grow into itself, so to speak.

Interesting, too, that you magfloat the back glass.

I know my tank is so different in that "clean" look (as in, your tank has it, my tank does NOT), but I had to keep telling myself - my rock is about 10 years old! it looks more "lived in."

Keep the pics coming as you add more and as it all grows. Looking foward to your monthly reports of the GPS tracking of each spot of coraline. (I'll have to maybe document the different types of coraline I've got... what an interesting idea!)

JimmyR1rider

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
LOL daisy Ill be sure to keep the updates coming as like you said the tank growns into itself.

tom- I do I have the frag of orange crush acans that I picked up from manny at the swap is in the last set of pics got 5 heads from him. And give it time tom lol is 4 months old am sure itl look not so clean in a couple of more months or so.

And I thought the bigger the better- realized I was wrong! lol

scarf- I downgraded to 2 250W halides before I added any corals or the anemone.

Thanks for the kind words along the way everybody.

JimmyR1rider

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Some take advice given because they need to. Some ask advice to reinforce what they already know. Some know enough to give sound advice and some give quack advice when they should follow the advice they read that was given to others.:fishhit::lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: