SevTT

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Amen to that. Thank god for digital cameras. :)

It's a little-known 'secret' outside of the trade, but most professional photographers take about a hundred or more pics for every one they would add to their portfolio, or submit for publication. They edit ruthlessly, and look so good 'cause you can't see the 99 other pictures that were crap. ;)

fish keeper 7

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
It's a little-known 'secret' outside of the trade, but most professional photographers take about a hundred or more pics for every one they would add to their portfolio, or submit for publication. They edit ruthlessly, and look so good 'cause you can't see the 99 other pictures that were crap.
im a professional model and i can attest to that.. i can shoot for 10 hours for like maybe 12 pics in a magazine... maybe an hour each look? so yeah... very true lol theyll take like 1k pics and narrow it down to there favorite 100, then liek fav 50, then 25, and so on... its nuts!

daisy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
When I got a hydnophora, I put it on the sand in my small tank, away from EVERYTHING else so that it can't hurt anything. I think I have heard that it's about the most aggressive coral I have - and it's odd to think that hydno vs. any euphilia would result in hydno wins... But there it is.

Hope the hammer bounces back!

JimmyR1rider

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Well, went through some rough times, with work,9/11 10th anniversary, laziness and other issues. Lost a bunch of stuff and was close to breakin down the tank and selling it all. Decided to have it hang on, and get back to normal- well that didnt happen, and it seems the gods of reefing decided to give me a wake up call:

The stand that came with my 65 you had to drop in the sump from above and then the main display on top, I had built up the stand and put it on heavy duty industrial casters. That way the tank was even with you when you sat at my kitchen table that was pub style and was taller than normal.

Here's where the wake up call comes in. You've seen the pics of my sump setup, well I got off a 24 hour shift, slept all day and woke up at 5:30 Saturday night to a flood. My return chamber was completely empty, the fuge was fine water level wise and the skimmer(1st) chamber was 1/2 empty.

I didn't want to try to figure it out when I had to go back to work int he next couple of days so I went out and got a new sump and stand as well as some meridian sand and some live sand to seed it with.

So far so good, the sumps running. Me and a friend had to empty out all the live rock and water to be able to transfer the tank to the new stand.

So in a sense, heres my restarted 65G tank thread, also have a chalice, a head of dendro and a torch with 1 head and pagoda cup that are hangin on and 4 RBTA's that was originally 1 from masterswimmer that has split a few times. So we'll see how the rebirth goes.

The clowns and anemones are my babies so as long as they survived which they did with no problems it was all good.

Theres a bangaii in there also but hes in hiding.

Last edited:

JimmyR1rider

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
A few pics of the new sump and the tank with the nems and clowns. Looking forward to getting it going again to where I'm once again proud of the tank.

aefec384-dbea-5f02.jpg
aefec384-db89-9cd0.jpg
aefec384-db3e-c172.jpg

aefec384-d9d7-964e.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1317066960.799608.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1317066960.799608.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Some of us keep getting to busy, and putting our tanks on hold.:( Only to find out that there really isn't anything that should take us away from our responsibility to our baby when as you stated "the gods of reefing decided to give me a wake up call:";(

You, and me both buddy will be caring better for our reefs.;)

I love your RBTAs, they are truly beautiful!!!!

tomtoothdoc

GOLFER WANNABE
Rating - 100%
390   0   0
hey jimmy,
long time no talk.
i was also inactive for several months and put the tank on hold while dealing with life's curve balls.
just recently got things back to "normal", then irene had come and gone along with 10-12 hrs of black out.
no problem or so i thought, 3x vortech battery back ups....one crapped out after a couple of hours but the other two kept things turning.
ok survived irene with minimal damage.
then another hammer dropped....my chiller crapped out while i was at work. came home to a 83 degree tank with all the lights shut down by the controller. been without halides for a few days now. can't find anyone to fix the chiller yet and haven't had time to hook up the spare chiller (yes i do have spare of everything).
tonight, came home to a bleached kedd's yellow colony!!!:tired:
you know this hobby really teaches you perseverance!!! lol
welcome back my friend.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: