DevIouS

- Untitled -
Rating - 100%
108   0   0
One thing you definitely have is PATIENCE!!!!:D LOL

Great idea & your set-up is looking great already.

Waiting to see some nice updates....(hope it doesn't take another year..LOL)

BTW...
Beautiful in-wall too~:bigeyes2::yo:

DRZL:
Nice set-up as well!:knockedou

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
inline6 said:
Hey Masterswimer,

Congrats on a very nice tank!
Check out this person's tank, he has almost the same setup.
http://www.advancedaquarist.com/issues/nov2004/aquarium.htm

Inline, thanks for both the compliments and the article. Very interesting and his tank is beautiful. But I guess it would be expected for me to say that :shocked1: .

DaRealDvs1, I appreciate the kind words for both tanks. And there is no way my patience can last much longer for stocking it. As a matter of fact, I may go wash some sand right now for my SSB. I'll post a pic when I'm done.

Thanx all,
Russ

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
tank is looking good. just my opinion i really think its going to be a pain in the butt to place all the corals you want to place. lolz. but i think when all said and done it will look really nice. keep up with the patience it looks like patience is def. worth it. you did your homework and now you are going to create one nice piece of work. good luck and POST MORE PICS lolz as you progress.

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
Thanks Tony. I actually just added the sand tonight. I will post pix Friday. Next order of business is some kind of livestock. Maybe a nice piece of coral? Don't want any fish in there yet. Maybe a small cleanup crew?

Russ

tinyreef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
awesome rock-scaping! i really like the layout/placement on the wall/grid. i can see you put thought into which rock would go where.

i disagree with the coral comments. i think you can get it to look really nice with the sps. i'd be concerned with flow dynamics but i'm not a sps guy.

you might want to think about softies as well. upward reaching colts or capnellas would look nice imo. even toadies crowning out toward the center like montiporas or branching acros.

good luck either way, it looks great!

DRZL

**ROCKSTAR**
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
masterswimmer said:
DRZL, wow, you're right, it does look familiar. Beautiful tank. What are the specs? How 'old' is it? I like!!

Thanks and thanks darealdvs1:) dont want to hijack your thread so if u want check out my tank thread

now hurry up and put some stuff in your tank already..:D geeezz;)

BTW what made you decide to go w/ a 16G? with the rock wall in it does it feel cramped? is there anything you woudlve done different?

Reefer420

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
man from all these compliments it looks like your 16g is going to kick mine into the dirt! :) too bad I can't see the pics here at work...

That 'rock' wall idea is pretty cool- you will have a lot of space to put frags- I am having trouble finding room in my tank now.

glad to see another 16g tank on MR! feel free to PM me to discuss any issues you have!

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
Inkblue, yes. It's where I got a lot of information for equipment. I spend a lot of time on RC, but their nano discussions are very limited. I got the idea for the CSS 65 from nano-reef.

tinyreef, thanks for the support of the sps. I have quite a few softies in my 75 and they get a bit out of hand quickly. They tend to 'block the view' of some of my other corals. I'm not set in stone about sps only. Just like the idea of the wall heavily sps encrusted. We'll see though. The best laid plans of mice and men, sometimes go astray.

DRZL, will be checking out your thread in just a few minutes. I got the sand in. Next pic is proof!!! lol

Reefer420, please don't think of this as a competition. I am sooooo far from artistic that this is the only way I can really show some assemblance of creativity. It shows my vision of a tiny biotype that I created in my mind. I just hope the addition of livestock is successful. I'm sure your 'minds eye reef' is beautiful too.

Russ

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
12/16/05 - Next pic update (only one)

Getting a bit closer to adding livestock. Here's a shallow sandbed. Seeeeee, it didn't take me another year :eek:

wallwithsand.jpg

Russ

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
Reefer420 said:
lol- i was j/k man! still haven't seen the pics of ur tank- need to check it out when i'm at home at not behind a firewall!

No worries my friend. I dish it out pretty good myself, so I better not be thin skinned and not be able to take it.

So take down that firewall already and view! It's matured so much you're missing the growth of all the fish, coral even the mangroves. The mangroves were seedlings and they're already 3' tall. :joke:

Happy holidays,
Russ

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
Update, short and sweet.

I added two Steve Tyree LE frags to the 'wall'. They are beginning to color up slowly. They tend to brown up a bit during shipping. I got an Echino Chalice Blue and an Acro Shaggy Chuuk.

I also added one frag from my 75 (probably the only one, maybe one other might go into the 'wall'). It is a nice colored Green Slimer.

And I made a super trade with a super member of MR, House. I got a fantastic Green with purple rim Monti Cap from him. It's polyps are extending nicely and it looks just great.

I want to post pix, but four frags on the wall just don't show up too well in pix. Now if I post some macros you'd get a little idea of the coral going in there, but the wall still looks empty.

BTW, my coral banded shrimp molted in the tank already and is finally overcoming his shyness and coming out in full view.......currently at night, but doesn't flee when I shine my red LED on him.

Russ

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
Figured I'd show the lame pix of the frags I added. They don't do much for covering up the wall, yet.

This first one is a Steve Tyree LE of an Acro (sp?) Shaggy Chuuk Blue. Color hasn't shown itself too well yet. But it is getting better daily:

SteveTyreeAcroShaggyChuuk.jpg

Here's another Steve Tyree LE. This one is an Echino Lamellosa Challice Blue:

SteveTyreeEchinoChalice.jpg

This frag was given to me from my friend Jim (house). It's a green with purple rimmed monti cap:

greenwithpurplerimmonti.jpg

Here's a shot from the top down of my green slimer. Sorry for the MH reflection in the pic:

greenslimerfromtopdown.jpg

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: